SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to hear he looked for you. Quite a few years ago I was parked on the Main St in the small town my parents live in. I walked into the post office and by the time I had walked out my driver side mirror was in the middle of the street. No one around that saw anything.

I was surprised. Really surprised. Thank goodness. Purcellville is a small town with nice people. The car keeps me sane. Just put money into it and I am looking forward to warmth to remove that top. For me that would be 50 degrees...

You grow pumpkins at all? I tried growing one last year but I started too late and he got powdery mildew fungus.... I did manage to get one small pumpkin out of him though. What sucked was I finally got him starting to produce what would've probably been several good pumpkins, then the first cold snap of November came. :cry: This year I'm going to try growing several instead of just one... my hill out back will look like a little pumpkin patch!

I had a volunteer pumpkin two summers ago. I originally thought it was a cucumber, but within a couple weeks I knew it was something different. It must have been a viable seed from the pumpkins I put in my compost bin that prior fall. The thing took over my whole fence, and I ended up with two good pumpkins (one of the green varieties). The problem was that it took up most of my cucumber space and it also attracted cucumber beetles - it was able to withstand them, but they ravaged the cucumbers. It got a little powdery mildew, but overall it was a really healthy plant. I don't have enough space to grow them on purpose, as well as other things, so I have to depend on store-bought pumpkins in the fall. ;)

If you're looking to grow them, I'd suggest sowing a couple seeds every few feet sometime in April, and then thin them out once they start vining. And then keep them very well watered - they drink a ton! As long as we don't get early frosts, they should be ready to go by Halloween. Good luck!

Nice! Sounds like you've got a really good garden going. If you have the space and enjoy them, I recommend adding green beans to that...they are so easy to grow and you get a great yield.

We have a patio with flower beds (black-eyed susans, annuals, and a hydragena) but no vegetables. When we sell this place eventually and move into a SF home with a backyard, I plan on really getting back into growing vegetables. Growing up I always had a pretty sizeable garden that I helped my dad maintain.

Oh, I do green beans, too. And peas. ;). Actually, I often have too many green beans when all is said and done!

Nice. You work with what you've got, so if you're space-limited, then you can only plan for the time when you have the room. In the meantime, you might be able to grow herbs in small pots - at least you can use some hkme-grown stuff in your cooking. Good luck!

You know its bad that when you mention this, I'm actually not even annoyed.  I honestly can't wait.   Dead serious.

First 5:30p sunset is Monday!! Ya baby. Just don't tell my frozen ground.

So who ya got in the SB? I am going 26-20 SEA. I think their secondary is too talented and physical, and their D-line will do enough to make Brady feel uncomfortable. Wilson will play a relatively mistake free game, and make the plays he needs to, and M Lynch will run for 150 and win the MVP...and say nothing during the post game interview.

Marshawn Lynch, you just won the Superbowl, what are you going to do next? crickets.

So who ya got in the SB? I am going 26-20 SEA. I think their secondary is too talented and physical, and their D-line will do enough to make Brady feel uncomfortable. Wilson will play a relatively mistake free game, and make the plays he needs to, and M Lynch will run for 150 and win the MVP...and say nothing during the post game interview.

Marshawn Lynch, you just won the Superbowl, what are you going to do next? crickets.

I'll have it on in the background for the first half and then watch Downton Abbey or something.

if it's gonna snow, let february be the month.  i don't think i want a repeat of last march.  i'm starting to get the itch for 50s and sunny.

Obviously I love snow and I enjoy cold (sans wind) as well.  But I abhor 33F rain, and not just because of the insulting nature of missing snow by THAT much. 

I have no more ****s to give.   Meltdown? Unhinged?  Yup, and it's great.  I'm in the process of trying to buy a house and as stressful as it is....all these papers and offers, counteroffers, this, that...it's now a great distraction.  I don't care anymore.   It aint reverse psychology, it just is what it is.  I'm free and have no vested interest anymore after tomorrow's kick in the nuts.   Sure, I'll sign on and if something looks like it's going to hit 24 hours before, of course I'm gonna be excited...but 4 days out? 3? 2?   I swear on my kid's life, I've not checked a single model since yesterday at 18z.  

I need to take a break too, because I'm getting way to snippy with interlopers.  

<end rant>

I hope your new house gets more snow.

Obviously I love snow and I enjoy cold (sans wind) as well.  But I abhor 33F rain, and not just because of the insulting nature of missing snow by THAT much. 

cold/dry for a few days...chilly/wet...then right back to cold/dry.  it's actually impressive how little snow we've had in the area with all the cold shots we've had.

Archived