joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never caught in the rain snow line on my drive into work. All snow in DC just west of the White House. Temp is 34°F. Temp is down to 27.6°F in Clarksburg and the wife says it is up over an inch there now.

Edited to add: I should have telework today. It will be much nicer at the house.

Lol, what happened to temps sucking? I thought I'd be above freezing all day, and I wake up to 30.8 and snow. I see a couple 32s at wundermap stations in DC.

No kidding. I woke up expecting wet at best and I see white grass already (inside the beltway). Nearby station reports 32 and my usually-warm balcony thermometer is 33.6 so it's likely below freezing.

No kidding. I woke up expecting wet at best and I see white grass already (inside the beltway). Nearby station reports 32 and my usually-warm balcony thermometer is 33.6 so it's likely below freezing.

Models definitely busted hard on the temps, now if we can just get this coastal to cooperate and throw a few bands our way.

Those RAP fantasy maps would be great, but I am not feeling optimistic right now.  Radar seems to be collapsing already over central MD.  I'll be sick if this 1/4" coating is all we get.

The HRRR is showing good banding over DC later as well.  Especially west, but the surface temps are a little above freezing.

ETA: But it has the initial temps a bit high, so we've got that going for us.  Which is nice.

HoCo schools closed, so at least one of my predictions to my kids came true!

Was certainly picking up back in Columbia when I left.  I'd say vis was 1-2mi with probably 0.2-0.3" at 720am.  

Looks like it just started sticking in Greenbelt.  

Archived