Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The progression on the way in this morning: 
Columbia: 31, light snow, coating cars and grass, starting to stick to edge of roads. 
South of Laurel: 32, light snow, coating grass. 
I95/295 interchange: 33, light snow, no stickage 
495 near Fedex field: 33, rain/snow mix 
Suitland: 33, back to mostly snow, no stickage (though now its back to a mix)

It is interesting to watch. Might as well hope for the best.

Dusting here at home.

It is compelling most models have shown risk to some degree. 'Odds higher than no chance'

Some can't handle the truth. At least we have something interesting to watch. A random decent band is certainly possible

Every model run the last 24+ hours has something later...though how much and where is pretty tricky...Models have pretty much focused on Loudoun county as the epicenter, so I think that is probably still the way to lean, with lesser amounts everywhere else, even with all the uncertainty.  I think most of us know (or hopefully) that the RAP/HRRR aren't really useful outside like 6 hours.....

This is going to be much, much worse than the Boxing Day miss. 3-4 feet in NYC and close to those amounts in Boston, plus Philly could cash in big. They are right on the edge. Meanwhile, we get this pity snow which is nothing more than tv snow or conversational flakes. Miserable.

This is going to be much, much worse than the Boxing Day miss. 3-4 feet in NYC and close to those amounts in Boston, plus Philly could cash in big. They are right on the edge. Meanwhile, we get this pity snow which is nothing more than tv snow or conversational flakes. Miserable.

Still think it's possible that forecasts bust in NYC, which at this stage, I will consider anything less than 16 inches in Central Park NYC a bust.

Except on Boxing Day I got flurries pretty much and I could get a few inches tonight if I am lucky. 

Archived