joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Clipper System 1/21

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You and me on this one dude. let the other whine and think they're getting a dusting. We are hand in hand for 2-4 pike south 1-3 north

I'm not gonna start throwing out specifics like that but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a smattering of advisory amounts.

The shortwave is a really good track for us. The only problem is that leading ribbon of vorticity out ahead of the main shortwave sort of shunts the best low level baroclinicity offshore, however, it's not as obvious as other times where this happens.

Tip mentioned a very nice area of mid level saturation where goes from central NY right through SNE. This is in response to the favorable shortwave track.

This is where models may underestimate the band of light snow to the north of the vortmax track because they like to focus precip near the low level forcing. It's sort of the same idea on why models might under estimate the precip on the northwest periphery of the mid level center in a coastal.

I'm not talking big amounts or anything but the shortwave track tells me to not trash this threat yet because the pretty QPF maps aren't showing what everyone wants.

I've said that as well. It's a classic 700 saturation with weak frontogenesis and that 950-900 east flow over a cold dome, probably a coastal front too. Could be a C-2" deal for a wide areas despite model QPF. Maybe more. Of course it may weaken too, but I would not rip QPF off verbatim.

I've said that as well. It's a classic 700 saturation with weak frontogenesis and that 950-900 east flow over a cold dome, probably a coastal front too. Could be a C-2" deal for a wide areas despite model QPF. Maybe more. Of course it may weaken too, but I would not rip QPF off verbatim.

Yeah. We also want a euro or nam shortwave look. The GGEM and GFS look a bit less favorable.

The vort track near LI or south coast is what favors us the most.

If its gfs gem versus the others then i feel fine

Don't forget we are arguing trivial amounts anyways. It's a dusting vs like maybe 1-2 or something like that. It's not like we are 1-2 on the GFS vs 6-8 on the euro or something like that. In this winter though, minor discrepancies are highly exaggerated. 

Don't forget we are arguing trivial amounts anyways. It's a dusting vs like maybe 1-2 or something like that. It's not like we are 1-2 on the GFS vs 6-8 on the euro or something like that. In this winter though, minor discrepancies are highly exaggerated. 

Yes...we've seen people get overly obsessed with 0.7" vs 1.9" on model outputs...it's trival for the most part.

The Euro/NAM shortwaves would at least give us a chance to over-perform in this with some 2"+ amounts IMHO. Otherwise its a C-1" type deal.

Yes...we've seen people get overly obsessed with 0.7" vs 1.9" on model outputs...it's trival for the most part.

The Euro/NAM shortwaves would at least give us a chance to over-perform in this with some 2"+ amounts IMHO. Otherwise its a C-1" type deal.

Will- is this still a Wed time frame deal or does it linger into Thur?

I don't agree with that at all. There's a higher prob of seeing over an inch than under

We have some of the best mets on here who like a portion of the look which is encouraging but I just hate to see some of the gaps in the precip shield I've seen on the models. Might be a localized sort of thing. We'll know better soon

Archived