amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Potential Clipper System 1/21

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beat me to it. The s/w's are a bit more consolidated.

Man, the entire time on the this system, it looks like the precip "should" be better than what is shown based on the upper air look...you see that nice little vortmax swinging from S NJ up just E of LI along the negatively tilting s/w and you'd think there should be a nice little swath of snow to the north of that but we really don't see that on the output.

Just very light stuff. It will be interesting to see if that amps up just a hair more, because that doesn't really look bad.

Man, the entire time on the this system, it looks like the precip "should" be better than what is shown based on the upper air look...you see that nice little vortmax swinging from S NJ up just E of LI along the negatively tilting s/w and you'd think there should be a nice little swath of snow to the north of that but we really don't see that on the output.

Just very light stuff. It will be interesting to see if tha tamps up just a hair more, because that doesn't really look bad.

I agree..even some diffluence in the height contours which usually is what you want over us. I bet it has to do with the lack of WAA. 850 temps actually get shunted SE. I wonder if it's a ribbon of mid level frontogenesis with light QPF that models usually have a tough time showing. 

So what are we talking Will, Scott?  An additional .15" of QPF, or 1.5" of snow over Cape Cod, MA?  I think 18z American model runs come north and west and then 00z runs tonight show additional NW movement or additional strengthening like the 12z EURO shows, this is a much better shortwave than last week's clipper had.

So it sounds like Euro is back to giving C-1 or 2 in a spot?

Maybe C-1 verbatim, best chances for >1" near the south coast...though the upper levels might imply a bit better overall picture.

The problem is the little nuances in the vort energy changes from run to run so you can't be sure on any of these solutions.

Maybe C-1 verbatim, best chances for >1" near the south coast...though the upper levels might imply a bit better overall picture.

The problem is the little nuances in the vort energy changes from run to run so you can't be sure on any of these solutions.

So at the least there will be some light snows scattered around?

So at the least there will be some light snows scattered around?

If the Euro verified...yes. Just hope an 18z NAM type solution doesn't verify if you want light snows around...keeps vort energy too far south and we never saturate the lower levels very well.

Those of us who grew up in the NYC area 45+ years ago remember Gordon Barnes.  He would describe this as a "dropping dry ice in a Martini storm".   Then again, maybe Jerry Weathafella is the only other dude on this board who can relate to Gordon Barnes.

It's really close from NYC to the Cape at this point.  Big win for ACY to ACK?

Archived