amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Potential Clipper System 1/21

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z RGEM does not look to bad for folks in CT and Eastern MA, Gets some light snows into those areas.

RGEM isn't too bad either...has a decent ribbon of ML saturation and weak lift north of the vortmax...it's not as good as the previous Euro or NAM runs, but better than many of the 00z and 06z runs.

Exactly. 

Shame on anyone who invested in this.

Honestly, id be surprised if we all don't see flakes or a coating. I know no one wants a system like that again but it might happen. Not like it will make a huge difference either way. I always root on snow so I'll track it. I hate to say it again..... But we have been banging last week of Jan for at least a week now. It's looked good for awhile on the ensembles. I think some are confused or just completely ignoring the fact it's been (to quote Bill Belichick) "On to the last week of January" for several, several days now.

On tropicaltidbits, it doesn't even register as snowfall in ECT or EMA. It must be pretty light.

It looks like it shows up both on the Enviro Canada site and the UQAM site...it's actually still snowing at 48h on the RGEM but this is the precip through 48...it looks like a C-1" type deal

PR_000_048_0000.gif

12z GFS is garbage.
0z Euro was weenie snows over bos and eastern mass for a few hours thursday during the day.
12z NAM was similar to the Euro in regards to the light snowfall near eastern mass.
4k NAM had nice snows up to the pike and an inverted trof/oes over the area of eastern mass.

12z RGEM is similar to both the NAM/4kmNAM/Euro

This is going to be unremarkably similar to this winter's previous events. c-2" is the way to go. 

Archived