joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Clipper System 1/21

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say as a first call 1-2" south of BDL or east of 495(Given that I think the enhancement of precip over eastern areas is real, also sort of an IVT signal there), C-1" everyone else. NAM backed off big time at 12z, and really the only guidance supporting higher totals right now are the SREFS(Which will probably also cut back considering the NAM cut back). EURO was close to making it something bigger, but verbatim would verify those numbers nicely. Should make the ground white for most, but I'm not confident in much more than that.

It's a nuke, but the model is not meant for anything past 24 hrs. Put zero stock in it this far out.

Agreed.

Lmao... 12 inches... Not this winter. Has that model showed anything like that this year for any other system?

No, from what I've seen it has almost always been on the lighter and wetter side with almost everything. It was one of the few models that gave most CT almost nothing measure for snowfall on the Nov 26th storm.

The shortwave track definitely implies that snow could linger for quite some time...esp over eastern areas.

Rgem at 48 looks semi promising but we really need to wait until tonight for it to be close enough to "see" the event.

Yup, Still a bit outside the RGEM range, But even at 48 hrs, Its better then most

FOR NOW...WE BROUGHT LOW CHANCES TO THE CAPITAL REGION...SLIGHT CHANCES FURTHER
NORTH. EVEN IF THIS SYSTEM WERE TO DIRECTLY HIT US...WE ARE LOOKING AT NO MORE THAN SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW. - NWS, Albany

I thought this was kind of funny this morning, the way this was worded. We are looking at no more than several inches of snow? So 5, 6, 7 inches of snow is nothing now. Because to me if a couple is 2, a few is 3 or more, several is around 5+

There's a copy of different things to account for. The inverted trof, the actual clipper shield of precip, and the eroding snows as the energy transfers offshore to the clipper. This is why snowfall probably won't be relegated to just the south coast or south the the pike. We'll see how the euro acts at 12z. I'm still considering the GFS to be looney toons.

There could be a scenario where BOS or Ray sees more snow than places pretty far south of both locations.

FOR NOW...WE BROUGHT LOW CHANCES TO THE CAPITAL REGION...SLIGHT CHANCES FURTHER

NORTH. EVEN IF THIS SYSTEM WERE TO DIRECTLY HIT US...WE ARE LOOKING AT NO MORE THAN SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW. - NWS, Albany

I thought this was kind of funny this morning, the way this was worded. We are looking at no more than several inches of snow? So 5, 6, 7 inches of snow is nothing now. Because to me if a couple is 2, a few is 3 or more, several is around 5+

Couple = 2"

Few = 3"

Several = 4"

Archived