joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 12-14 Minor Ice and Snow Disco/Obs

Bob Chill

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar trends indicate occasional/isolated showers for the next 8 hours over MBY and parts of Va. Steadier/heavier rains will arrive about 9am and last thru the afternoon. The heavier rains overnight will be over parts of Maryland with an emphasis on Pennsylvania. Those communities will get a lot of sleet and or zr for the next 9 hours at least.

damn I should go to school for weather lol

In 4 years with my ability to assimilate 5 gigs of info every few days, I'd have every last met on this board frantically tryin to scribble notes on GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar

Dale City is officially out of the woods concerning ice tonight - I'd stake my very LIFE on this - unlike some forecasters and OPM personnel in Fairfax, I HAVE A SPINE and I say the NWS is completely WRONG about Woodbridge Virginia getting ice tonight. We won't. Its 35 degrees with a dewpoint of 31 and that wet bulb is rising so damn fast it  would make your head spin. 

32 degrees with a 31 dewpoint. Steady light rain. No ice on any surface. I looked everywhere, on the road, the sidewalk, the grass, the bushes, the car, the fence - just wet. That strong January sun did its work Sunday afternoon right thru the clouds! It warmed up everything!

It's just regular rain for us - just as I always knew it would. Damn I need to take up meteorology - and set the NWS straight!

LMAO at the NWS for its ice advisory and all that wording in the LWX AFD tonight! You'd think we were in for a major ice storm! Methinks someone got their ears blasted clean off after the Jan 6 clipper annihilated Fairfax with 3-4 inches of snow and busses got stuck!

All that damned brining on Prince William County streets yesterday! All your WASTED tax dollars at work, citizens!

Jebman for Weather Czar for Prince William County! I'll be accountable to YOU for all my decisions and I WILL get it right! 

It's all politics. Its ALWAYS politics.

Got in a bit of a dryslot for an hour, and we have warmed to 33 degrees, 33 dewpoint.

Rain for us all the way. Amazing pattern considering all the cold we've had, to not even get a single molecule of ice anywhere, and believe me, I looked EVERYWHERE. Just an amazing pattern. Should be 100% rain from here on thru the day today. No ice expected. Eastern Prince William county is so damned mild compared to the entire state of Virginia that NWS should place us in a separate weather zone - call us 'Tropical Virginia', because thats what we are. Or, 'Tropical County, Virginia'. Nine times out of ten we got the mildest weather, summer or winter. Saturday we were 29/13. Today we got 33 degrees and plain rain with no ice lmao. South Central Texas got a trace of ice yesterday! We didn't get nada.

Much as I hate 33 degrees and Rain, I gotta admit I love bein' smarter than the entire NWS. If I had gone into weather I would have disrupted the entire agency!

Temp is up to 31.2°F in Clarksburg as I left the house. There is a surprising amount of ice on the roads given the Carthage like salt and brine on the road. I'm guessing the rain overnight was hard enough to wash away the salt. 0.08" in the gauge but I am guessing that that is an ice contaminated ob.

post-109-0-72388700-1421069716_thumb.jpg

Archived