• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 12-14 Minor Ice and Snow Disco/Obs

Bob Chill

I am definitely not punting these next 2 weeks, some of our best climo.  Storms come out of nowhere.

i prefer that type of pattern.  i'm kind of over this long drawn out cold/chilly weather.  i'd rather us get into a pattern where it's comfortable unless it snows.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKmet and JMA have increased the amounts for Wednesday by a little bit; we'll see if it means anything. Nothing substantial, but maybe enough to backup a dusting or maybe a bit more? Euro should show itself in 30 min.

UKIE is pretty decent if its all snow... looks like around an inch or so... too bad its on its own

This is strange--what are the models keying in on on Wednesday that would have them basically taking turns to show the same solution? 

At this point almost all have caved and are trending away...I wouldn't count on much more than T - Cartopper...I don't think this is like 1/28-29 which kept trending in our favor

At this point almost all have caved and are trending away...I wouldn't count on much more than T - Cartopper...I don't think this is like 1/28-29 which kept trending in our favor

I'm not expecting anything--  I just find it weird that each day, a different model is showing the 1" solution. GFS, then NAM, then GGEM, now the UK. 

It's a bad case...this at best is a 0.25" event...We just like to follow minor stuff here...

I think he was trying to imply that we shouldn't be panicking about this winter yet because January 2010 was awful snow-wise until the Jan 30 event, and then of course we had the historic February. That said, it's not really an accurate match since we had already had a HECS at this point in 09-10. ;)

I think he was trying to imply that we shouldn't be panicking about this winter yet because January 2010 was awful snow-wise until the Jan 30 event, and then of course we had the historic February. That said, it's not really an accurate match since we had already had a HECS at this point in 09-10. ;)

and a decent events on 12/5 and 1/8

NAM is now light ZR/Mix with temps in the mid 20s for DC and points south and east during the day on wednesday...this would actually be an interesting scenario...of course it is the NAM...

Soundings are pretty close to snow... the 800-875 level is around -0.5C though

Why does the NAM have snow accums for Wes on the Raleigh snow maps, but none on the instantweathermaps?

if you squint, you'll see a .1 blob (that's snow, not qpf) in northern calvert and aa counties. Central/Lower ES and parts of SE Delaware have about an inch or so of snow. 

Soundings are pretty close to snow... the 800-875 level is around -0.5C though

Why does the NAM have snow accums for Wes on the Raleigh snow maps, but none on the instantweathermaps?

Archived