joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 12-14 Minor Ice and Snow Disco/Obs

Bob Chill

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only model not showing accum snow for dca is the GFS twins. NW periphery of a weak coastal is not a strong suit of the old GFS. Not sure about the new one.

I don't think I've seen the rgem/4k nam combo completely blow it inside of 36 hours when there's decent wiggle room with the precip cutoff.

The only model not showing accum snow for dca is the GFS twins. NW periphery of a weak coastal is not a strong suit of the old GFS. Not sure about the new one.

I don't think I've seen the rgem/4k nam combo completely blow it inside of 36 hours when there's decent wiggle room with the precip cutoff.

This is going to be another Jan 30, 2010 for you guys.  Looks like it will miss SE and then move NW like a freight the last 36 hours.  Maybe it won't be as much snow but you guys usually maximize situations like this.

~0.25 or so

Thanks yoda.....I'm not sure what to make of this. On one hand, EZF missed out on the clipper last week and it would be awesome to get our first inch of snow before the pattern goes absolutely craptastic. On the other hand, part of me feels this threat is a mirage and Charlie Brown and Lucy are playing starring roles. Would like the GFS twins to jump on board at least somewhat at 12z.

Archived