CHSVol
Jan 12-14 Minor Ice and Snow Disco/Obs

Bob Chill

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops. I must have pulled the wrong panel. This looks better:

attachicon.gifrgemcorrected.JPG

Don't mean to post this in the wrong subforum, but mine is kinda dead.  My WFO is not real excited about this event, but i get the impression that there could be some surprises for eastern shore and extreme south Jersey.  Any explanation of these color maps would be appreciated.  BTW, I've enjoyed the discussions in this subforum since ours has gone quiet.  Thanks.

Don't mean to post this in the wrong subforum, but mine is kinda dead.  My WFO is not real excited about this event, but i get the impression that there could be some surprises for eastern shore and extreme south Jersey.  Any explanation of these color maps would be appreciated.  BTW, I've enjoyed the discussions in this subforum since ours has gone quiet.  Thanks.

I usually snip from a bigger panel because I have to blow it up to big so the scale isn't there. The first green contour is .10, second is .15 and on up the ladder. 

Cape May looks like rain or freezing rain (maybe sleet) to me. 50-75 miles NW looks better as it would be more likely for snow. Cape may is above freezing @ 850 when the best precip falls (verbatim on the rgem model only). Not sure about other models. 

ETA: Cape may is well above freezing at the surface during best precip. Would be all rain verbatim. 

Didn't do so well with 1/6.

It was generally too dry for that storm, but so was the Euro. Euro hasn't had a coup yet this winter, 2012-2013 the Euro destroyed other models, especially Hurricane Sandy and Noquester. Anyways don't expect anything more than a Virga storm here.

It was generally too dry for that storm, but so was the Euro. Euro hasn't had a coup yet this winter, 2012-2013 the Euro destroyed other models, especially Hurricane Sandy and Noquester. Anyways don't expect anything more than a Virga storm here.

Euro was .13 or something the night before, just about right.

I usually snip from a bigger panel because I have to blow it up to big so the scale isn't there. The first green contour is .10, second is .15 and on up the ladder. 

Cape May looks like rain or freezing rain (maybe sleet) to me. 50-75 miles NW looks better as it would be more likely for snow. Cape may is above freezing @ 850 when the best precip falls (verbatim on the rgem model only). Not sure about other models. 

ETA: Cape may is well above freezing at the surface during best precip. Would be all rain verbatim

Thanks, Bob.  We might actually be better than DC at this part.

Archived