joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 12-14 Minor Ice and Snow Disco/Obs

Bob Chill

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no...was focused on our forthcoming 1/25/2000, but just saw...not bad...If one's expectations are low, we are going to have things to chase before the 25th

Lol- Jan 25th may never happen again in today's model buffet. One of them will show it even if it's the nogaps.

I just ran the euro h5 vort loop and it has a similar look up above but nothing at the surface. We might get teased again before we know it.

I'll chase anything. It's fun regardless.

Lol- Jan 25th may never happen again in today's model buffet. One of them will show it even if it's the nogaps.

I just ran the euro h5 vort loop and it has a similar look up above but nothing at the surface. We might get teased again before we know it.

I'll chase anything. It's fun regardless.

same....

I never throw in the towel on cartoppers...I'm that sick....I want my 0.25"

North trends are almost always doable we're just rarely well positioned.

It's an interesting NAM if it were right.   The soundings for DCA are interesting as the cloud top doesn't extend that far up so it's hard to know what type of frozen precipitation you'd get if the NAM were right.  The cloud top may not  be colder than -8 or -10C.  Might be freezing rain or snow at DCA and just to the south might be freezing rain or sleet as there is a warm layer at NHK and even DCA is right near freezing with its warm layer.   The surface temps are really cold.

NAM was wide right at the same range for 1/28-29....we actually willed that one up here....

You would think the meso's would have a better handle on such a subtle event than the globals. Not saying the shift in the nam is something to hang a hat on but we'll see how the nam and rgem compare to tonight's globals and see what makes the most sense.

It's an interesting NAM if it were right. The soundings for DCA are interesting as the cloud top doesn't extend that far up so it's hard to know what type of frozen precipitation you'd get if the NAM were right. The cloud top may not be colder than -8 or -10C. Might be freezing rain or snow at DCA and just to the south might be freezing rain or sleet as there is a warm layer at NHK and even DCA is right near freezing with its warm layer. The surface temps are really cold.

Interesting. I mentioned it in PM update today but didn't even really touch precip type. Wouldn't be surprised to see it end up something. But would prob want friends asap.

Archived