joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say a BECS would be 25" plus, something like the Knickbocker storm.

Maybe 25" at DCA, but it depends on how we applying that threshold.  I had 25" in Feb. 2010, which was historic but probably not a once-in-several-lifetimes event.  I'd actually consider bumping the mythical BECS designation to 36"+.  

SECS: 6-10"

MECS: 10-16"

HECS: 16-36"

BECS: 36"+

18z gfs is wishcasting a little event Tue/wed

Just saw that. Next week is interesting because after the Monday slop/rain it gets somewhat colder and there looks to be chances for a modest event or 2. With an air mass that is just cold enough, that might work for a light to moderate snow somewhere in the MA.

Just saw that. Next week is interesting because after the Monday slop/rain it gets somewhat colder and there looks to be chances for a modest event or 2. With an air mass that is just cold enough, that might work for a light to moderate snow somewhere in the MA.

I'll gladly take a repeat of the clipper

We missed your posts

I feel like I've let people down, but work got in the way. :(

In honesty, they shat the bed on Tuesday. It's pretty obvious that they didn't want to delay or cancel because of what happened last year, and then they refused to make a decision when it was fairly obvious that the while morning rush was a disaster. They could have easily made a late call to cancel, even as the kids were waiting at the bus stops. And then the decisons of the last two days...absolutely spineless leadership.

Glad I was able to chime in about three days late! ;)

Nino talk?

I don't know weather, I thought Nino was a warmer trend then nina, yes no?

why is it that this season when it's 20* with a south flow it feels warm? compared to last winter when it was in the 30's it felt bone chilling cold?

just asking cause. I don't know.

If anyone likes a good small batch bourbon or whiskey, I highly recommend Tin Cup. It's distilled in Colorado and just hit the shelves in Moco DLC stores. It's fantastic and not expensive. $23 for a fifth.

Thanks for the heads up on whiskey, but I am a Virginia grape grown spicey red wine ginda of girl. I like a Petite Verdot. :)

If anyone likes a good small batch bourbon or whiskey, I highly recommend Tin Cup. It's distilled in Colorado and just hit the shelves in Moco DLC stores. It's fantastic and not expensive. $23 for a fifth.

Bob, have you tried Eagle Rare? It's a damn good smooth bourbon and the local ABC stores have trouble keeping it on the shleves.

Bob, have you tried Eagle Rare? It's a damn good smooth bourbon and the local ABC stores have trouble keeping it on the shleves.

Ha! I love eagle rare. Didn't think anybody knew about it. It's my favorite bourbon by a mile. The touch of vanilla on the nose is so good. My second favorite is Evan Williams single barrel but it's not a close second. I prefer the smooth batches and eagle is dangerously smooth

Archived