joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ravens did not choke. They went punch for punch with the best offensive team on their home field and had the ball with a chance to win at the end. Choking is when you have control of the game and hand the other team victory. This was not the case. The Patriots earned and took everything they got. A 14 point lead in the modern day game is nothing. For all the haters just remember next yea when we make the playoffs it will be 8 time in 10 years. This loss along with the models going bone dry is not making for an easy Sunday morning.

The Ravens did not choke. They went punch for punch with the best offensive team on their home field and had the ball with a chance to win at the end. Choking is when you have control of the game and hand the other team victory. This was not the case. The Patriots earned and took everything they got. A 14 point lead in the modern day game is nothing. For all the haters just remember next yea when we make the playoffs it will be 8 time in 10 years. This loss along with the models going bone dry is not making for an easy Sunday morning.

No offense, because I like you, but weather models going dry and a sports team losing shouldn't really impact your life enough to cause you to have a rough morning. I'm sure there are other, more important, things in life to disrupt your mood.

Flacco played a great game. Our defense blew that one- Doom and Ngata were nowhere to be found, no coverage on Gronk, and the defensive playcalling was awful in the 2nd half. They let Brady literally do the same passing plays over and over. Belicheck did a little bit of cheating (big surprise) with illegal formations but we had a lot of big calls go our way too so I'm not too angry at the refs. Was funny watching Brady cry several times cause he didn't get his penalty calls as usual.

Nice to see Roger Goodell there wearing his Boston Hat! Loved how the announcers brought up Ray Rice again, but no mention of Aaron Hernandez. Regardless, we had a good season and it was nice watching us knock the Steelers out of the playoffs in Heinz field. The Ravens are still an elite organization- I have seven years worth of Harbaugh/Flacco era statistics to tell me that, regardless of what the media or Redskins fans think. 

Flacco played a great game. Our defense blew that one- Doom and Ngata were nowhere to be found, no coverage on Gronk, and the defensive playcalling was awful in the 2nd half. They let Brady literally do the same passing plays over and over. Belicheck did a little bit of cheating (big surprise) with illegal formations but we had a lot of big calls go our way too so I'm not too angry at the refs. Was funny watching Brady cry several times cause he didn't get his penalty calls as usual.

Nice to see Roger Goodell there wearing his Boston Hat! Loved how the announcers brought up Ray Rice again, but no mention of Aaron Hernandez. Regardless, we had a good season and it was nice watching us knock the Steelers out of the playoffs in Heinz field. The Ravens are still an elite organization- I have seven years worth of Harbaugh/Flacco era statistics to tell me that, regardless of what the media or Redskins fans think.

Not sure any of us Redskin fans said the Ravens suck, or are not an "elite" team. But perhaps I missed that and you can point me to who said that. Thanks.

No offense, because I like you, but weather models going dry and a sports team losing shouldn't really impact your life enough to cause you to have a rough morning. I'm sure there are other, more important, things in life to disrupt your mood.

No offense taken. You're right. It's rather childish behavior. Thanks for the dose of reality.

No offense taken. You're right. It's rather childish behavior. Thanks for the dose of reality.

Having a vested interest is a sports team isn't childish. Childish would be letting a loss ruin you and/or lead to you to lashing out. There's simply nothing wrong with being down when your team loses, as long as you get over it.

I hate the argument that there are other, bigger things that should cause you to be unhappy...as if being disappointed in a sports result somehow diminishes your ability to empathize with greater plights.

in the end, does it matter? Ravens will be at home watching the Super Bowl just like the Skins

And we have a winner.

For all their (clever and original!!) puns on RG3's name, they will be in the EXACT same position he will be in on Super Bowl Sunday, and he did none of the work they did to get there.

Having a vested interest is a sports team isn't childish. Childish would be letting a loss ruin you and/or lead to you to lashing out. There's simply nothing wrong with being down when your team loses, as long as you get over it.

I hate the argument that there are other, bigger things that should cause you to be unhappy...as if being disappointed in a sports result somehow diminishes your ability to empathize with greater plights.

Being disappointed and letting it be the result of not having an "easy morning" are drastically two different things.

I'm disappointed in many things but to let it cause me to have a bad morning seems like a waste of time. But that just might be me who has gone through quite a few things in the last year, so I may just see the bigger picture.

Who has been hostile?

I've noticed over the years that Skins fans on the wx boards always seem to root against the Ravens during a big game and get happy to see them lose. Randy openly said that he hates the Ravens, and I've seen a similar attitude from others.

Nothing personal though, I'm not that much into football or even sports, just curious...

We're human, we are all irrational about something and for some people it is sports. No, you shouldn't riot, or poison trees, or let it make you treat other people like crap, but I think it's hard to not be impacted by something you are emotionally invested in.

It's definitely hard, but it's still childish though to have so much emotion vested in something that you can't control and doesn't directly affect your life... but like I said, I'm not above it either. I've been upset a number of times from being screwed over by snow, sometimes more than I should be as a grown adult.

I've noticed over the years that Skins fans on the wx boards always seem to root against the Ravens during a big game and get happy to see them lose. Randy openly said that he hates the Ravens, and I've seen a similar attitude from others.

Nothing personal though, I'm not that much into football or even sports, just curious...

Hating them and being hostile aren't the same thing, Fozz. I hate the cowboys but I'm not hostile towards Ian because he is a fan.

I never said they were hostile to Ravens fans, just that they're hostile to the team itself.

ok. Well, if you haven't noticed, it goes both ways. Raven fans aren't exactly nice about the Redskins. Perhaps you should call them out while you're shaking fingers at people

Archived