joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's the best radar app for the iphone?  i'm having trouble finding one that has a loop longer than about an hour.  in other words, most of them have sucked.  i may just stick with the cod site or other non-apps if i can't find one that's good.

radarscope 

Live and learn, that is all...

Your fault for having high expectations, when everything argued against it.

Argued against what? The winter? This event?

This winter looked pretty good back in November. You can't deny that. All you did was rant about "record warmth", and I'm sure you'll claim you were right come Spring, regardless of what Feb. and March bring.

And please, elaborate on "everything". What argued against this winter being cold/snowy?

Argued against what? The winter? This event?

This winter looked pretty good back in November. You can't deny that. All you did was rant about "record warmth", and I'm sure you'll claim you were right come Spring, regardless of what Feb. and March bring.

And please, elaborate on "everything". What argued against this winter being cold/snowy?

Was just referring to this event, why I said delete the thread a few days ago. Even the most fortunate had their front-running snow washed away by torrential rain.

As for the winter as a whole. We never do back to back, however it is slightly worse than I imagined it would be a hair warmer. We are still losing while having access to the record bootleg cold from the midwest. Never a good sign. Just no blocking, in contrast to 09-10.

Was just referring to this event, why I said delete the thread a few days ago. Even the most fortunate had their front-running snow washed away by torrential rain.

As for the winter as a whole. We never do back to back, however it is slightly worse than I imagined it would be a hair warmer. We are still losing while having access to the record bootleg cold from the midwest. Never a good sign. Just no blocking, in contrast to 09-10.

This event was a non-event. I don't think anyone thought much of it. Just some freezing rain/sleet then rain.

Didn't you do well in both 2009-10 and 2010-11? 

I thought Cape May was hammered in December 2010

Didn't you do well in both 2009-10 and 2010-11? 

I thought Cape May was hammered in December 2010

Good times for sure, hope to see it again some day. The Boxing Day storm saved winter 10-11 for this area, to be honest. It would of been much worse without it.

I did not like 10-11 personally, too cold and dry.

i have difficulty calling us a snow town.  yes...it snows here...but it also rains in january.  the latter probably more common than snow.

i'm gonna call us a "it snows here" town.  i'm saving the snow town card for the denver's and the chicago's and the albany's.

i might do it...how far do the loops go back? also, does it show satellite, wv imagery, etc?

No it's just radar tho they added lightning to 'pro' recently which is another cost once per year. loops go to 20 images in pro.. Can't remember how far without. Maybe only 6.

No it's just radar tho they added lightning to 'pro' recently which is another cost once per year. loops go to 20 images in pro.. Can't remember how far without. Maybe only 6.

sounds pretty good.  do you know any apps that are good for the other stuff (i.e. satellite, IR, water vapor, etc)?  for now i've been going mostly through existing mobile-friendly sites.

Archived