joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed over the years that Skins fans on the wx boards always seem to root against the Ravens during a big game and get happy to see them lose. Randy openly said that he hates the Ravens, and I've seen a similar attitude from others.

Nothing personal though, I'm not that much into football or even sports, just curious...

Non sports fans should sit out this discussion. It's human nature for fans of opposing teams to hate on each other. Happens in high school, college and pro football along with every other sport. As long as there's no violence involved, it's really not a big deal.

I've noticed over the years that Skins fans on the wx boards always seem to root against the Ravens during a big game and get happy to see them lose. Randy openly said that he hates the Ravens, and I've seen a similar attitude from others.

Nothing personal though, I'm not that much into football or even sports, just curious...

Are you serious? "Hate" is a relative term in this instance. I hate very few people or things. Organized sports teams and fans aren't on the list.

It's a game. A friendly rivalry. The same way you "hate" your siblings in a rivalry. Why is everybody trying to be deep about this?

Non sports fans should sit out this discussion. It's human nature for fans of opposing teams to hate on each other. Happens in high school, college and pro football along with every other sport. As long as there's no violence involved, it's really not a big deal.

This. Thanks

You're probably right... I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, and I was just wondering where the Skins vs Raven "hate" was coming from... didn't realize how much they were rivals ;)

I didn't mean to get anyone riled up... so no more sensitive sports questions from me.

You're probably right... I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, and I was just wondering it was coming from... didn't realize how much they were rivals ;)

I didn't mean to get anyone riled up... so no more sensitive sports questions from me.

It's not a big deal. And this skins/ravens rivalry isn't nearly as heated as ravens/steelers, packers/bears, etc. and it's really crazy in college football.

It's not a big deal. And this skins/ravens rivalry isn't nearly as heated as ravens/steelers, packers/bears, etc. and it's really crazy in college football.

Yep, I've definitely noticed that up at Millersville, lots of Steelers fans and Ravens hate... they were quite testy last weekend :lol:

There is no Ravens/Skins rivalry at all. Just some jealous fans from down south. Why the hell would a Ravens fan care about the Skins?.

I am the biggest Cowboy hater in this forum. But that call reversal was terrible for the game. At some point, a great football play at a huge moment should transcend the technology. Why is there a referee at the post if you aren't going to need him ?

Yeah it's pretty embarrassing.

It's a stupid ruled that cost the skins a touchdown and cost Calvin Johnson one.  It was the right call but it's a stupid rule. 

true. it is just unfortunate you have these high stakes games being decided by things that don't make sense to most of the people watching. i said after last week you gotta take it so i guess i have to. but meh. ;)

Archived