joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a stupid ruled that cost the skins a touchdown and cost Calvin Johnson one.  It was the right call but it's a stupid rule. 

+1000. I never understood the rule at all, but it has been in place for years and i have no idea why. After this call i am sure there will be a lot of debate in the offseason, i just don't see them changing it.

With as much salt that's on the roads, there won't be any issues driving. I guess they're concerned about kids falling and breaking their arses. Rightly or wrongly.

Well Fairfax has been rightly ripped for its stupid calls, and this is another one.  There isn't any reason to issue a 2 hr delay now... wait till a few more hrs (closer to 11pm/midnight) and then make the call.  Whomever is making these calls IMO isn't checking the weather hard enough

With as much salt that's on the roads, there won't be any issues driving. I guess they're concerned about kids falling and breaking their arses. Rightly or wrongly.

It's a legit concern. Kids in the past never fell on snow or ice.....

I'm not sure exactly when the current SOP with regard to rearing children went into full effect, but I'm surprised some of them can function at all when they reach adulthood.

A couple of handy things I learned about winter weather, and amazingly I learned them without being told or hovered over. 1) if the ground is slick, use caution when walking (a lesson I had to re-teach myself 2 years ago after finding myself lying on my back on my sidewalk), 2) if the roads are slick, slow down.

It's a legit concern. Kids in the past never fell on snow or ice.....

I'm not sure exactly when the current SOP with regard to rearing children went into full effect, but I'm surprised some of them can function at all when they reach adulthood.

A couple of handy things I learned about winter weather, and amazingly I learned them without being told or hovered over. 1) if the ground is slick, use caution when walking (a lesson I had to re-teach myself 2 years ago after finding myself lying on my back on my sidewalk), 2) if the roads are slick, slow down.

I like the way you think.

Tried out a new turkey meatball recipe tonight. Was pretty good. 

2 lbs ground turkey

1/4 cup chopped onions

1/4 cup diced carrots

1/2 cup panko

1/4 cup diced apple (the recipe actually called for zucchini, but I didn't have any so I went with the apple)

salt/pepper and and some basil. You could season to your liking, but I kept it simple.

browned them in a pan with some olive oil and then finished them off in the oven. The recipe made 18 very large meatballs. You could easily get 2 dozen by sticking to a smaller size. 

Haha it would be hilarious if some of you could make closing/delay decisions.

I can see it now--in the midst of mass bus accidents and slip and falls, you'd release a statement saying "We opened because when I was a lad in 1972, we went to school. Toughen up. END"

Yawn....but welcome to the candy ass society.

Archived