joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's been hand wringing?   Most people are excited about the chance, although it's hard to come by.  The only "hand wringing" I see is by homeowners and people who absolutely have to drive, which is legit.   When I owned a home and had to drive for a living or had to go to work no matter what, I didn't want ice (of course you called it hand wringing back then too ;) )   But those people, I believe are genuinely spooked about it.   That's not to say ice is an easy thing around here...it's not...but some people do have legit concerns when it does appear likely.

Now that I don't own, live in a city where mostly power is buried and don't have to drive in it...as the great and ultra sensitive crybaby LC would say, I hope we get an inch of ice.  

ok..

My posts keep getting deleted for no reason. Awesome.

Here's a two finger salute to whoever did it.

lol, I just checked...looks like it wasn't the content that caused it to be deleted, it was the connection to ji's banter in that thread (I guess whoever did it could have just removed ji's quoted post).  You posted the exact same thing again, without Ji's quote and that post wasn't touched...yet you still came here to whine.  

I don't even...

lol, I just checked...looks like it wasn't the content that caused it to be deleted, it was the connection to ji's banter in that thread (I guess whoever did it could have just removed ji's quoted post).  You posted the exact same thing again, without Ji's quote and that post wasn't touched...yet you still came here to whine.  

I don't even...

I posted that after.

as far as i'm concerned, this winter is going about normal.  if anything, it's felt more chilly than normal due to the clouds/breeze we seem to have had most days especially last month (purely subjective).

i tell people that this area is good for about 2-3 significant snowfalls per season on average...meaning 3-6"+.  we already had 1 of them, at least in my hood.  if we get another one i'd call that a pretty typical winter. 

oh, it's only 1/8 and today's highs were in the low 20s.

as far as i'm concerned, this winter is going about normal. if anything, it's felt more chilly than normal due to the clouds/breeze we seem to have had most days especially last month (purely subjective).

i tell people that this area is good for about 2-3 significant snowfalls per season on average...meaning 3-6"+. we already had 1 of them, at least in my hood. if we get another one i'd call that a pretty typical winter.

oh, it's only 1/8 and today's highs were in the low 20s.

I totally agree. I've got snow on the ground, temp of 18 and have seen totally frozen lakes today. Seems pretty good to me. Chasing big events will leave you bummed out most of the time. I'm just happy we have snow.

Archived