joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Countdown to spring and summer 2015

Ian

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, with the slow, dragging severe season last year, I'm hoping for at least average this upcoming season. Need some tors in 2015, Plains or East Coast. A hurricane would be nice, too. I'll take whatever we get.

Any exceedingly preliminary thoughts on this?

My initial thoughts are that the Southern Plains should see a better year this year tornado wise, given some of the drought relief and Nino climo sometimes favouring in the High Plains.

Any exceedingly preliminary thoughts on this?

My initial thoughts are that the Southern Plains should see a better year this year tornado wise, given some of the drought relief and Nino climo sometimes favouring in the High Plains.

Nothing besides what you wrote. We'll just have to wait and see how long the southern stream wants to last.

We average more snow than the South Pole... our winters are fine

Perspective; drives sanity into any discussion.  Good job.

2/3 of the world has never seen snow. That automatically makes us better than 2/3 of the world.

I went to school n Fresno.  There were people there that had never seen snow falling from the sky.  Real, live adults.  Nevermind the fact that you could drive 20 minutes into the foothills and see feets and feets of snow every couple of years...

North-central MD is pretty good for severe wx. Actually, SE HarCo is a little bit of a jackpot for warnings at least.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=http://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/files/2014/04/TornadoMap-Tessler-1024x800.png&w=1484

For actual disaster declarations, I always thought Baltimore County was interesting.  Which of these is not like the other?  This is ice, severe storms, wind and tropical from 1970 - 2013:

post-109-0-90704000-1419432744_thumb.png

Archived