Countdown to spring and summer 2015

Ian

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

On a 35 degree day?

I hope every blooming flower freezes to death

Yeah I don't get it, I was shocked when I saw that this morning. I could understand if it happened in Dec. since we had so few freezing nights, but right after last weeks cold snap? Only thing I can think of is its on the south side of my house with an unobstructed view of the sun all day. I had a petunia and some pansies that were still alive until last week, but the single digit lows finally killed them off.

There are some weird people on this board if they really think that 35 and cloudy is nice.

Scratch that...there are some really weird people on this board, but the ones who think 35 and cloudy is nice just make it easier for us to identify them.

I like sun no matter what. Clouds are cool when there's a storm otherwise meh. This area actually does pretty well in the sun department though this winter has been fairly cloudy.. a little less so with the better cold air and pattern oscillations. My intro to weather in general was it rained/snowed a lot for a short period and then was sunny for a week even in the rainy season... so that's probably always my preference. The Sierra are awesome because you can get 10' of snow in 2 days then 2 weeks of sunshine with highs in the 40s off lows of like 10. Our worst times here are when we get locked into maritime stuff.. no way I could live in Boston.

35* is only good with a southern breeze after a week of 20's and north winds.. #northwindsworthless.

really what can anybody do when it's cold out? sit inside? track wet and salt into your house?

take forever to take your trash/recycle to the curb, you know put on jacket avoid slipping on ice, walk back inside with wet and salty shoes. add an extra 20 minutes to your morning just to warm up your car?

come be real. 50+ is where it's at.

come on 95 and humid. with some strong storms. :).

#ifyouwantwintergotocanadaaaaa

I like sun no matter what. Clouds are cool when there's a storm otherwise meh. This area actually does pretty well in the sun department though this winter has been fairly cloudy.. a little less so with the better cold air and pattern oscillations. My intro to weather in general was it rained/snowed a lot for a short period and then was sunny for a week even in the rainy season... so that's probably always my preference. The Sierra are awesome because you can get 10' of snow in 2 days then 2 weeks of sunshine with highs in the 40s off lows of like 10. Our worst times here are when we get locked into maritime stuff.. no way I could live in Boston.

Truckee, CA would be the perfect place for you.

If we are not going to get drilled with winter storms I would much rather have the warm spring sun and longer days. Get the bass boat ready, softball cleats on surf board out.

I've got to get the bass boat ready.  Probably have it tuned up and the impeller changed next week.  Can't get ready too early. 

Archived