joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Countdown to spring and summer 2015

Ian

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do think there are still signs of a sustained (7+) warmer period down the road though admittedly it's already drifting a bit so maybe I'm wishcasting.  Earlier looked like maybe by 15th now 20th seems about earliest. Last year from here thru March is impossible to replicate historically back to back but I do wonder if we're going to have trouble staying warmer for a long while...

Not looking too good with this western ridge continuing to dominate the pattern over the eastern Pacific north of the equator (and it always comes back after any lull). I have a hard time seeing things turning out differently through spring if the +PDO stays as strong as it is now.

Not looking too good with this western ridge continuing to dominate the pattern over the eastern Pacific north of the equator (and it always comes back after any lull). I have a hard time seeing things turning out differently through spring if the +PDO stays as strong as it is now.

Heh thoughts about another dud of a tornado season already creeping in. The western ridge is a disaster.

I am absolutely DYIN' for a heat ridge directly over Dale City. Right Now. I want highs around 77 and lows around 60. South winds gusting to 29mph. This winter is over. We need an early spring. This pattern this winter is strictly for the birds. Old Man Winter HATES us, and Mark My Words: We will not see another climo snow (4 inches or more) in a single storm in northern Virginia east of the mountains until January 5 2016. Suck loves us and ultimate misery is our brand name.

WxWatcher007 said:

Mid-Atlantic Winter Cancel Despair Index

0           1           2           3           4           5           6           7           8           9          10

Deep           Solid           Safe             Meh         Flags Up          Mild               Ji       Melting point      Punter         Nuclear        F*** this winter        

winter                                                              concern                                             sighting       meltdown    s***    

My version of this:

0= F*** this s***

1= Nuked by s***

2= Shovel breaking

3= May melt by April

4= Rooting for DCA's heat island

5= Only north and west

6= Long-range GFS threat

7= that won't pan(n) out

8= no GFS threats

9= trees budding

10= things sprouting

Currently at 5 on this scale.

Its early February! Average temps are going UP! :)

I think my avg high temp is 48 degrees. In another week, low 50s will be average for Dale City!

ALLLLLLLL ABBBBBOOOAARRDDDDD the Warmth Bus! Tickets! Tickets! I need to see your tickets!

Bring on a monster heat ridge over the east from today thru November 2015. No rain needed. Just heat and dust and wall to wall sunshine along with a super blistering high sun angle

Its early February! Average temps are going UP! :)

I think my avg high temp is 48 degrees. In another week, low 50s will be average for Dale City!

ALLLLLLLL ABBBBBOOOAARRDDDDD the Warmth Bus! Tickets! Tickets! I need to see your tickets!

Bring on a monster heat ridge over the east from today thru November 2015. No rain needed. Just heat and dust and wall to wall sunshine along with a super blistering high sun angle

People would have remembered 22-24 Feb 1987 a lot better if it hadn't almost instantly melted.

Archived