Newest Member
    joxey
Countdown to spring and summer 2015

Ian

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to early for a bump :P

I like winter from Thanksgiving until February 28th.  After that, I am ready for spring.  The good news is that this year it looks like a change to a more normal temperature regime is coming right around the first of March, though it may not be lasting.  I kind of expect this spring to be raw and overcast, but I hope not.

= Normal high 50 =

(1981-2010)

DCA - Feb 25

IAD - Feb 27

BWI - Mar 04

=  Normal low 33 =

(1981-2010)

DCA - Feb 24

IAD - Mar 15

BWI - Mar 13

= Avg last 0.1"+ snow =

(1985-2014)

DCA - Feb 28

IAD - Mar 12

BWI - Mar 08

nice warm early evening breezes

smell of fresh cut grass 

lighting and the rumble of thunder in the distance

open windows  

sun dresses

cut-off mom jean shorts (throwing a bone for tenman)

reasonable power bills

longer days

meteor gazing without 12 blankets

in the words of a failed ex-president...."Bring it on"

EPO is going positive which will exert all over the NH.

Today we already hit 50 degrees. Hows THAT for a warmup. If you dont like black ice it is all gone. Streets all over N VA are dry. That ice melted super fast. Spring is on the way because the EPO changing sign says so. So does next month.

I dont like it, I love winter, but it is what it is.

We are all going to be in shorts and t shirts in 14 days. Bank on it. Summer is coming super early too. It going to be troffy west, ridgy east all year from now on. SE Ridge is gonna ROAR!

So called cold front passed thru. NW winds to 18mph. Temps STILL rising.

One thing tho - Virginia had spring weather today with highs in the low 50s but Maryland still managed clouds and 30s all day and did not lose one flake of snow. I am fully convinced that Maryland is the Northern New England of the Mid Atlantic. They do that EVERY time. It is effectively mid winter in Maryland and Spring in Virginia lol.

No, '13 and '14 were reasonable.  '10-'12 were torch summers.   

Maybe we have another cold winter ahead next yr using this methodology.  

I do figure someday the random blue spot over us has to move and we head back to torchville.  

13 was reasonable? That was pretty damn bad, then again, it was my first summer here.

10-12 were obscene.  Hottest summer ever in '10 with the most 90 degree days.  2011 was obnoxiously hot and humid with 80 degree lows, and then 2012 went crazy with 100 degree days.  After that, 13 was a walk in the park.

Last summer was great... I wish every summer was like 2014. No complaints from me.

In terms of temperatures it was great, but it was too dry down here. Kept getting fringed by storms whose cutoff was the border between Anne Arundel and Calvert. By the end of the summer most of us here were in at least D0 drought, while areas like Baltimore County were getting well above average rains.

So I'd take it again, if only it was just a little wetter this time.

Archived