joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2014 Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey does anyone remember in the mid or early 80's a Christmas where we had severe weather?  I don't know the year but I was living in Oakton and remember heavy rain and wind and spending the evening without power.   Ring any bells for anyone?

Too much wine, too many tears. Christmas during a year when too many loved ones can't be with me and my family is rough.

Cherish the moments people.

-deep thoughts by drunk mappy

There might be less people at the table than before but it doesn't mean there is less in the heart. They are always there in memory and we learn to appreciate all they did for us.

I appreciate Matt's perspective, but holy hell, having to narrow opps to get legit snowfall down to several weeks post Jan. 15 (or post Jan 25 if the weeklies are right) or so raises the spectre of a completely punted winter. 

Remember what the guidance looked like 2-3 weeks ago. And look at how that turned out. A friend of mine planned this epic 2 week ski trip at Alta UT for Xmas and New Years. The models were showing nothing but high heights, above normal temps, and little chance of significant snow for that area. I was joking it looked like I would be sending him photos of epic cold and snow from here. Reality- Well we know what we ended up with, and  its been non stop snow out there since last week with over 2 feet of fluff, and temps in the teens and twenties.

Lol. Are you planning to move to the up of Michigan? I hope you get to use that monster a few times each decade.

Happy Holidays all!!  I just want to apologize up front to my fellow snow nuts for the lack of snow so far this year but I am going to have to take the blame.  I bought this in early December and unfortunately I believe it is the culprit for the lack of snow.  The good news is that I am going to douse it with a little Christmas egg nogg later to break the dry spell!  Snow patterns are on the way!

Mark

photo2_zps153d7b2b.jpg

photo1_zps3024e8ca.jpg

Archived