joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2014 Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This weather is boring. At least it isn't raining and I'm off from work! Had time to play with my new Christmas toy and figure out how to use it. Took this picture of the Mason Dixon Line from my drone. The hills in the back are the York County, Harford County, and Baltimore County boundary. Elevation drops to around 800 feet or so looking south into MD.

Very cool. What kind did you get?

Very cool. What kind did you get?

Syma X5C-1 to get into the hobby.  DJI Phantom 2 with go pro is probably my next purchase, but for nearly $1000 price tag with the camera that is a big risk in my neck of the woods considering all of the huge trees etc.  Phantom 2 is awesome, but if it hits some unexpected WiFi interference it can just fly off despite it's go home GPS feature  :yikes:  For around $60-$100 range there are some decent platforms that you can self-modify to get into the hobby and have some fun without the concern of burning through a chunk of change in an epic fail scenario.  I can get my quad to around 500 feet up with a wifi mod I did and for the money it is producing some cool vid and pictures.   

What a boring winter thus far. Nothing to track- no need to really get excited about the next set of model runs, no wondering about a possible radio show, really no excitement at all. At least pitchers and catchers report in less than 60 days. Really no need to have spring training in Florida this year

lol welcome to Salisbury every winter. Well there was that time in 87 where I got 17 inches. It was Superbowl Sunday. Giants vs the Bills I think

If we get to Jan 15th and the same pattern holds the tears will be flowing. Imagine if the best event we tracked this season was before Thanksgiving...unlikely but if ends up true it would be epic in the worst way.

You may be right, but imagine what this forum will be like if we end up getting MECS or HECS at some point. The mood swing to pure ecstasy would be something to behold.

You may be right, but imagine what this forum will be like if we end up getting MECS or HECS at some point. The mood swing to pure ecstasy would be something to behold.

it would be cool but the best part of winter storms is the tracking, at least for me.  With the models changing so rapidly, usually for the worst as we get closer to a possible event, even if something shows up no one will take it seriously until the last minute.  If we go until 15 Jan that would be 7 full weeks into winter with nothing to track.  No one predicted that as far as I know.   

Archived