• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2014 Banter Thread

H2O

It was but was a very ugly game, they didn't play that well except at the end.

Yes, but that's they beauty of the win. State has won something like 54 out of their last 59 at home. And scoring a W in double OT is so sweet. I expect great things from the Wells/Trimble combo this year. Trimble has ice for blood as a freshman and money at the FT line.

Some big tests coming up against oh st and wisc. Just need to take 1 of those and take care of business elsewhere and the terps probably won't lose more than 6-7 games this year. Maybe less.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, both. No major damage - the bumper got dinged up, and I she hit the brakes hard enough that I didn't get slung around too bad. I'll be taking it to the shop to get an estimate, and hopefully it was just the exterior damage and nothing jacked up elsewhere that isn't visible.

We have a great insurance company in USAA, so they're already on the ball.

Same thing happened to my wife a month ago. As long as it is cosmetic and the at fault insured assumed liability you are good to go. Always be careful if for any reason you believe there will be a contested claim. Anything said or written could be used as an extrajudicial statement and subject to subpoena, even facebook posts or forum banter especially if there is reason to believe that such mediums could reasonably contain statements concerning the incident. Even a simple no contest auto tort with no injury can put a damper on your day! Glad it was only a nuisance!

Celestial events bust almost as bad as long range weather forecasts now. (Warning: astronomy geek talk ahead...)

I was stargazing with binoculars last night and accidentally stumbled across a bright fuzzy white/green object in the constellation Lepus. I knew there weren't any deep sky objects in this area, so after looking online I found out its comet Lovejoy- I had read about this in Astronomy magazine last month but it was mostly written off and forecasted to be faint (around 8th magnitude). Well in the last couple days its gotten a lot of headlines as the comet's much brighter than anticipated (around 5th magnitude or so). So a positive bust.

Then I was thinking about the overhyped comet ISON last year that was a big negative bust, and I realized astronomers are busting as bad with comets as the mid-atlantic does on winter storms.

Same thing happened to my wife a month ago. As long as it is cosmetic and the at fault insured assumed liability you are good to go. Always be careful if for any reason you believe there will be a contested claim. Anything said or written could be used as an extrajudicial statement and subject to subpoena, even facebook posts or forum banter especially if there is reason to believe that such mediums could reasonably contain statements concerning the incident. Even a simple no contest auto tort with no injury can put a damper on your day! Glad it was only a nuisance!

I'm definitely mindful of that, but thanks for lawyering me up! ;)

tumblr_m930im2imi1r1mom5o1_400.gif

+1

Also, always assume a contested claim. A lot of soulless plaintiffs/lawyers out there.  ;)

It would certainly be annoying.  Frickin' lawyers...

:lol:

Since halloween I've been eating Cracker Jacks. not every day but one bag every other day.  All the Prizes are Yankee, Atlanta, Twins,  Rangers or Angels emblems.  They must have a policy against putting Os or Nats emblems in bags heading for the DC Baltimore area.

I bought my son a big pack of baseball cards and put it in his Christmas stocking. It was the same preponderance of teams. Not one Oriole or National in 200 cards, but 7-10 each from NY, Atl, and the Angels. A fair number of Rangers, Giants and Cards also.

I had 2 hours of mostly non accumulating snow for the month, although it did come down hard at times and the County idiots salted the roads. But yeah, if you were looking for snow, this wasn't your month. NEXT..

I didn't get a single flake of snow.  Not one.  That's never happened out here in my memory.  Since it has only happened a handful of times at BWI in its history (someone posted the number of times a while back), just imagine how rare it is out here.  

If Dec. is going to be this warm it may as well been more like 2011.  That was a +6 departure and I wore short sleeves most of the time.  Rather windless too.

At least I saw flakes in 2011.

I didn't get a single flake of snow.  Not one.  That's never happened out here in my memory.  Since it has only happened a handful of times at BWI in its history (someone posted the number of times a while back), just imagine how rare it is out here.  

At least I saw flakes in 2011.

Well at least you did okay in the Thanksgiving event ( I think?). There were some that reported 4-6 inches out that way. I have had literally a trace of snow, and that occurred in the flizzard i mentioned in my previous post. Of course where I am I don't expect real snow till January.

Archived