joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2014 Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Bay has had 3.5 inches of snow all month, 0 depth. Milwaukee .5 inches and Chicago tied Dca with a trace. Not many have been graced with the white demon this month east of the Rockies. Not that we care about anyone else...

It is pretty sparse this year outside of the mountain west. Some of the mountains in NNE are doing ok, but still below average. 

Jay Peak is at 91", Killington is at 61", which is right at average for Nov/Dec up there. Mt Washington is at 102.2". They might actually be slightly above so far. 

Watching the Cowboys implode in the playoffs will be especially sweet this year, as they have played so well.

It will not surprise me in the least, but for the first time in a long time I have hope that they could at least win one playoff game.

If Jason Garrett isn't coach of the year, then they should do away with the award completely.

It will not surprise me in the least, but for the first time in a long time I have hope that they could at least win one playoff game.

If Jason Garrett isn't coach of the year, then they should do away with the award completely.

I'll be rooting for either the Packers (if they win this game) or the Cowboys to win the NFC.  I like Garrett and Romo - glad to see them close the season out very well.  

Hard to watch for a 'skins fan, I'm sure. Dallas' offense looked so bad after Witten's penalty took Dunbar's 80 yard TD run off the board just before the half that I'm finding it hard to be real happy with the game, despite a score of 44-17.

Im not at all worried about their offense. It's pretty nasty.

Yeah, I'm probably being overly critical / worried.

A dominating win in the division not super common. I mean the local team sucked a lot but still. If they play like they have been... They shouldnt lose the first game at least. ;)

A dominating win in the division not super common. I mean the local team sucked a lot but still. If they play like they have been... They shouldnt lose the first game at least. ;)

Very true.  Those games, especially w/ the 'skins, are usually close, and/or crazy.  I think that's the Cowboys' largest margin of victory over them since Dec '93 (38-3).  I would really like for them to win at least one game.  Would like the Romo narrative to change some.  He's (at least) a good QB and seems like a good person.... and I know Garrett is a good guy and this year has convinced me that he's a really good coach.  I went to Dallas in Dec '94 for the game vs. the Browns.  Stayed at the team hotel the night before and waited outside the players parking lot for hours in a true 34F rainstorm.  Exactly 2 players came out to greet the fans as they arrived in the parking lot that evening: Dixon Edwards (LB) and Jason Garrett.  I didn't begrudge any player for heading straight into the building as they arrived; the weather was horrible.  However, the efforts by those two guys forever stuck with me.  I really root for Garrett.

No, the Ralph Wiggum telling us to get bread and milk for this weekend because of the epo is way worse.  I could see a little snow and some ice but the ao, nao and negative pna are gonna make it tough to get a big dc area snow.  

Yeah but he's just a weirdo no one listens to. All of a sudden(get it!) SSW is everywhere the last few yrs. Which is bizarre for something most mets can't even fully explain and something so nebulous. In the midst of all this keep it simple stuff we (the global we) toss ideas like that out into the masses to look smart or something.. odd.

These are trying times for troubled weenies, so I've developed the Mid-Atlantic "Will it Snow?" Index.

1. Which models show snow? Circle all that are true.

-NAM

-RGEM

-GFS

-PGFS

-GEM

-EURO

2. On average, how much snowfall are the models showing? Choose one.

T-6"

6-12"

12-18"

18-24"

24"+

3. When is this snowstorm going to take place? Choose one.

Under 48 hrs

2-4 days

4-6 days

1 week

10+ days

Results

If you circled NAM for Question #1, regardless of your other answers, it will not snow.

All other answers indicate a .01% chance of snow in the MA. In other words, climo.

I don't think the idea of a SSW should be dismissed so quickly. A lot of respected posters seem to take an interest in it.

It's not that it should be dismissed its just everywhere and largely inconclusive in every mention. It's not going anywhere tho so I'll deal.

Yeah but he's just a weirdo no one listens to. All of a sudden(get it!) SSW is everywhere the last few yrs. Which is bizarre for something most mets can't even fully explain and something so nebulous. In the midst of all this keep it simple stuff we (the global we) toss ideas like that out into the masses to look smart or something.. odd.

I don't have a faint idea of what SSW is.  First I heard of it was two weeks ago and I literally had to google "SSW definition weather" just to figure out what the acronym is.  I know now what it stands for but I have no idea what it "means" and I probably never will, nor will spend the time learning.  It makes for an interesting read when people post about it, I guess.  More power to them.

Archived