joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - Fall 2014

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the last few years I've sat on the fringe of these big storms and watched others get smoked. This time the fringe is 100 miles away and I should be getting some pretty decent snow, but...no. A dryslot right over the area...

attachicon.giflltn7ZO.jpg

You and me both...it's amazing...time and time again we get screwed. We could have the ghost of 1993 coming up the coast and we'd still get the shaft somehow.

You and me both...it's amazing...time and time again we get screwed. We could have the ghost of 1993 coming up the coast and we'd still get the shaft somehow.

At 35 degrees, it's compacting and melting faster than it can accumulate. At this rate, I doubt I even see 3" out of this thing.

I left the plant in Hazleton at 3:15am and it was dry all the way down to Harrisburg. The rain started right as I got to Reeser's Summit, and it rained all the way to Hanover and back to York. When I left York, it was still raining, but then, again, at Reeser's I hit mixed rain and snow.

It was a mix until I got to where I-83 cuts up to I-81 then it flipped to snow. It was snow the rest of the way, but roads were just wet until I got to the Love's at exit 90 on I-81. From there on back to Hazleton, the roads were snowcovered and slick. Saw two cars in the ditch, but otherwise made it back ok.

It's good to see you make it back ok. I actually know exactly where that Love's is lol. This storm was missing some key pieces to be a huge impact everywhere, but it's early on in the period, so it'll work. Unfortunately for many, the warnings posted by WFO's are going to bust in most places.

It's good to see you make it back ok. I actually know exactly where that Love's is lol. This storm was missing some key pieces to be a huge impact everywhere, but it's early on in the period, so it'll work. Unfortunately for many, the warnings posted by WFO's are going to bust in most places.

Thanks. Of course I ended up driving in the worst of it. Now that I'm home, conditions are much better...lol

I don't know about other locales as some places seemed to have done well. Even some places in SEPA have as much, if not more, snow than I do. For here though, the 6-8 that CTP was calliing for doesn't look like it's going to happen. We've got the dryslot, which looks to be expanding, and the radar south into DC looks to be spotty.

Just got in from sledding with the nieces and nephews........7.25 inches on the ground, Snowing Lightly at the moment, 31 degrees, and it appears radar is filling back in some......looking to get into heavy rates again hopefully soon....

My elevation is 947 feet.....used to live on valley floor at 560 feet.....HUGE difference

Well that was a fun storm! I had to go to work at my daycare from 11-2 (we closed early). I took my kids outside and they made snow cones with the snow and they were so excited about it! Snow is the best!

Just a light snow now and about 3 inches on the ground. Probably have about another few hours then it's pretty much done right?

Just cleared at my 6 hour mark with 3.5", aided by the recent heavy band of snow now rolling through State College. You would think it was the 15th of April or something with how this has not touched the roads. They're all wet, and even the back township road past my house is just slushy. Grass, decks, cars, and trees are what this concrete is sticking to mainly. Temps are obviously very marginal, more so than I thought they would be back this way. 

That dry slot in eastern PA really sucks. This was an event that given the combination of marginal temps and fact this storm hit during the daytime (even though sun angle is weak), it was essential to be in the heavy rates to get good accums..especially in the lower elevations of the Sus Valley. It appears that deform set up a bit further west and got the atomix - wsptwx corridor pretty good. 

It appears that the energy from the SW is helping to fill in radar here in SE/SC PA.  I'm hopeful for a couple more hours of snow as the sun is getting low and we can freshen things up for tomorrow morning.  3rd white Thanksgiving I've witnessed in my years.

Happy Turk Day all!!  We have lots to be thankful for..

Nut

Archived