joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - Fall 2014

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went out for a drive this morning and once I got out to Gettysburg around 9am, it was coming down pretty good. On the way back, I saw lots of moderate snow and heavy snow on occasion. The hill top areas were scoring pretty good and the valleys were just starting to get the accumulation. Once I got home, everyone was cashing in. It was a winter wonderland and it's not even winter yet. Happy white Thanksgiving  :santa:

It would seem that for here the best snows have passed.  I never got above 1.5" and now it is slowly compacting/melting with temp at 33.2.  While more would have been nice, it covered everything and it looks very peaceful out there.  Will enjoy my white Thanksgiving tomorrow.

I'm curious to see how much total liquid comes from this storm.  I am estimating I have around 0.40" so far.  Even if I manage another 0.1" of liquid that will still be about 50% of the predicted total from last night's models.

measured 1.5" at noon in Parkton, has let up quite a bit. Only flurries now.

more to come?

There's a lull between two separate bands (One to the west and one to the east). The bands are probably robbing you from precip due to subsidence between them both. There should be more, but I'm not sure the intensity will pick up to the levels of before. Will have to see how it plays out. Either way, it's nice to see snow falling in time for the holidays. Have you taken the little on out to play in at all?

There's a lull between two separate bands (One to the west and one to the east). The bands are probably robbing you from precip due to subsidence between them both. There should be more, but I'm not sure the intensity will pick up to the levels of before. Will have to see how it plays out. Either way, it's nice to see snow falling in time for the holidays. Have you taken the little on out to play in at all?

She is actually at daycare, they were having their thanksgiving holiday party today, so I didn't want to keep her from that.

Looking at the radar, it looks like the intensity may pick back up in the Lancaster area as the band to the east looks to have expanded. Not saying any incredible rates at the moment, but better than the really light snow at the moment. It'll be interesting to see what happens as the back edge has to swing past once the low becomes parallel to the coast as it deepens. This might pull in the bands from out west and consolidate into one big band to swing through to end it. The best PVA for eastern PA will be past us shortly, so we shall see what happens. Mother nature loves to be tricky and this one basically takes the cake.

Archived