joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - Fall 2014

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lull between two separate bands (One to the west and one to the east). The bands are probably robbing you from precip due to subsidence between them both.

lol...I was just going to post that there is a "mini" dryslot heading right toward Tamaqua in Schuylkill County. I guess the same scenario may be at play here as well.  Anyway, I measured 2", but there is only about an inch on the paved surfaces. My current temp is still a toasty 35 degrees.

lol...I was just going to post that there is a "mini" dryslot heading right toward Tamaqua in Schuylkill County. I guess the same scenario may be at play here as well. Anyway, I measured 2", but there is only about an inch on the paved surfaces. My current temp is still a toasty 35 degrees.

Yeah, this was a good storm (especially for this time frame) but it could've been better. How did those deliveries early this morning go? I'm guessing the time you had them, it was probably all rain in York

Yeah, this might be one of our more significant busts as of recently. I mean we are under a winter storm warning, and I have 0.5" of snow on that ground (which is melting).

The 10 minute change back to rain earlier really has made it hard to get accumulating here... It has been snowing decent since but the slush has just been eating anything that lands.  I am at 1"

Yeah, this was a good storm (especially for this time frame) but it could've been better. How did those deliveries early this morning go? I'm guessing the time you had them, it was probably all rain in York

I left the plant in Hazleton at 3:15am and it was dry all the way down to Harrisburg. The rain started right as I got to Reeser's Summit, and it rained all the way to Hanover and back to York. When I left York, it was still raining, but then, again, at Reeser's I hit mixed rain and snow.

It was a mix until I got to where I-83 cuts up to I-81 then it flipped to snow. It was snow the rest of the way, but roads were just wet until I got to the Love's at exit 90 on I-81. From there on back to Hazleton, the roads were snowcovered and slick. Saw two cars in the ditch, but otherwise made it back ok.

10.5 inches in East Waterford Juniata County via a pic from a friend

Wow-crazy. State College must have just missed out on the heavier banding-looks like moderate snow is coming back in now.

To those complaining about a dryslot-it could be worse. It's been 95% cold rain where I am with the other 5% as sleet pellets and mangled up flakes. Nothing around here but puddles. It would be nice to at least have some snow on the ground.

Archived