joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 8-10 2014 storms

yoda

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This afternoon's storm was the best of the summer for me.  It started with the classic dark, ominous low cloud base covering the whole western half of the sky with constant thunder rumbling.   Very sharp CG lightning accompanied by vehicle (parked) shaking wind blasts, heavy wind driven rain and hail.   I got .85" in the rain bucket but think it was easily more than an inch.  Judging from radar I was hit squarely head on.

Loud rumbles through anvil crawlers with ducting under the inversion. Odd with just sprinkles happening, feels like the storm is 5 miles away when it's 50.

~Sent from a device that cannot speel.

Same here. Windows were rattling a few minutes ago.

This afternoon's storm was the best of the summer for me.  It started with the classic dark, ominous low cloud base covering the whole western half of the sky with constant thunder rumbling.   Very sharp CG lightning accompanied by vehicle (parked) shaking wind blasts, heavy wind driven rain and hail.   I got .85" in the rain bucket but think it was easily more than an inch.  Judging from radar I was hit squarely head on.

Indeed...New Windsor and Marston experienced their second episode of severe level weather in as many years.

Just wanted to say - we really need to get the klingon anti storm shield repaired. It's smashed something terrible. We got hit yesterday AND today. We got heavy rain last night about 815pm then today we got annihilated by heavy torrential rain, dangerous lightning and the winds whipped that rain all over. I was out on a jebwalk and I got SOAKED lmao.

This month might not be as dry as I earlier predicted.

Archived