joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2014 Obs and Disco

wxmeddler

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did manage to get about 3, 457 raindrops, but its too damned bad that it only amounted to an eighth of an inch.

Oh well, I will eventually get used to the drought.

Of course I'll get plenty of rain this upcoming winter.

I just might have to change my name to "Fringed".

100% chance I get fringed tomorrow too. Leesburg will get 2,000 percent above normal rain this summer.

Just some moderate rains this afternoon, but even that has been enough to cause water ponding in yards and fields around here. Really need some dry weather. Powdery mildew showing up on some of the garden vegetables. Did get some neem oil on them early, before yesterday's deluge.

Pretty sure I have figured out what is askew at DCA. Will need others though to sort of decipher it.

I have observed before how DCA has a uniquely tough ability to get down to the dewpoint. During our recent deluge all of the stations were experiencing similiar rainfall rates, winds uniformly 10-15mph from the east-southeast, nightime, yet all of the other stations were in the 94-99%rh range and DCA at 82/83% in an area wide tropical downpour. Now, if I was being sarcastic I would pose"So is the UHI radiating out enough heat to dry the humidity" but I will not pose it that way. However, when you can't get down to the dewpoint you will of course have higher temperatures, especially at night . I suspect it is a calibration issue. Any other ideas(other than " nothing wrong with DCA")??

Archived