• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2014 Obs and Disco

wxmeddler

Tomorrow will be exactly 3 weeks since I've seen any measurable rain.  Lawns here are now severely stressed and browning all over.  And it is just the beginning of June....  This is starting to feel like 2010.

Same on my end of the county.  I think its the first time since I moved here that my grass is turning brown in early June.  Virtually zero rain since the deluge on May 15.

Watching the radar makes me think that the word of the day around here will once again be....poof.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same on my end of the county.  I think its the first time since I moved here that my grass is turning brown in early June.  Virtually zero rain since the deluge on May 15.

Watching the radar makes me think that the word of the day around here will once again be....poof.

Big batch of rain developing just to my south, per normal.  I keep getting the occasional fat rain drop from it, but can't even come close to getting the ground wet.  Maybe the batch in WVA will hold together enough to at least get us to .01".  This is just ridiculous.

Our 1st 70 degree low!  Every milestone from here on out will be a milestone of oppression.

Ugh!

I don't mind high temps during the day (to a point) but not cooling off at night totally sucks.

Currently 75 / 64. with rain on the doorstep. Looking forward to a quick 0.5 to 1.0 qpf. No severe. Just good 'ole rain.

Edit: And a cooler, drier, air mass for the weekend!

I had thunderstorms train over me from 5 pm until 5 am this morning....2.21 inches of rain in that time, 4 separate storms. Doppler radar showed a little rotation around 9:30 pm just to my south during 3rd, during a STW and we were under a Tornado watch from 8 pm until 3 this am. Interesting stuff. Had three 'damage reports' in county, but highest wind I recorded was 26 mph.

LOL, move the 1 to the right end and you'll get my total for the last 3 weeks.

We just can't seem to buy any rain at this point.  In my part of the county it's not unusual (very frustrating, but not unusual) since I've been here; but in your part of the county, it is.

We ended up getting a little light rain in the overnight (don't know how much since the Aylor Wxbug station is not reporting), but it was dirt-dry underneath the trees this morning.  For all practical purposes, it was another shut-out.  On the bright side, I won't be mowing much this summer.  All the money spent on the lawn, however, appears wasted.

We just can't seem to buy any rain at this point.  In my part of the county it's not unusual (very frustrating, but not unusual) since I've been here; but in your part of the county, it is.

We ended up getting a little light rain in the overnight (don't know how much since the Aylor Wxbug station is not reporting), but it was dirt-dry underneath the trees this morning.  For all practical purposes, it was another shut-out.  On the bright side, I won't be mowing much this summer.  All the money spent on the lawn, however, appears wasted.

post-1746-0-40465600-1401992637_thumb.gi

Where do these totals come from?  Looks like some more meaningful rains fell nearby, but the dry ground beneath my meager trees indicates my hood didn't get anything approaching .25".  That .30" is several miles east of me, and in an area that typically sees increased formation of showers and storms.  Evening radar showed that well yesterday evening.  The same is true south of me towards Middletown and Strasburg.  There is usually a dry corridor staring north of me near Kernstown, running south towards Middletown.  What is a bit unusual relative to the last several years is that dry corridor has included Winchester too thus far.  

Where do these totals come from?  Looks like some more meaningful rains fell nearby, but the dry ground beneath my meager trees indicates my hood didn't get anything approaching .25".  That .30" is several miles east of me, and in an area that typically sees increased formation of showers and storms.  Evening radar showed that well yesterday evening.  The same is true south of me towards Middletown and Strasburg.  There is usually a dry corridor staring north of me near Kernstown, running south towards Middletown.  What is a bit unusual relative to the last several years is that dry corridor has included Winchester too thus far.  

That is the CoCoRahs map.  http://www.cocorahs.org/Maps/ViewMap.aspx

I'm just 2 or 3 miles to the north of that 0.14.  

My garden is just dust right now.

It is so strange how different our weather is, with the short distance between us. I think you ended up with about 20" more snow than I did the past winter. Now, as you fry, I have had 5.75" of rain in the past 30 days. 0.80" the other night. Cutting the grass every 4-5 days. Garden is bursting. Can hardly keep up with the growth.

Archived