joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2014 Obs and Disco

wxmeddler

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DCA utter embarassment again with overnight low of 67. I was 67 at 9:45pm last night, overnight low of 57 and pretty much every other station in upper 50's also. See, the air masses extert massive poundage per square inch. There is NOTHING physically capable of radiating out of DCA's thermometer location that could thwart the overall effect of the atmopshere/air mass other that an artifically induced circumstance and artifically induced circumstances should not be use for official, nor comparative, measurements.

DCA utter embarassment again with overnight low of 67. I was 67 at 9:45pm last night, overnight low of 57 and pretty much every other station in upper 50's also. See, the air masses extert massive poundage per square inch. There is NOTHING physically capable of radiating out of DCA's thermometer location that could thwart the overall effect of the atmopshere/air mass other that an artifically induced circumstance and artifically induced circumstances should not be use for official, nor comparative, measurements.

Keep complaining about it here.  That should help.

It's just UHI...Boston's low was 67 and many of the surrounding burbs were 15+ degrees colder..LaGuardia was 68..Central Park which is as mitigating as you can get in a big city was 66.....I think you have a good point about UHI locations, but I think this is also a "be careful what you wish for" scenario....any DC location is going to produce elevated lows....so you go through all the trouble of moving it, and the low is 65 instead of 67, and it kind of becomes what's the point.  Had the location been at the old site at 24th and M instead of DC, the low was probably 65-67...so doesn't really make a meaningful difference.

had a rogue rumble of thunder around 8:20pm in southern Howard County.   Thought it might be a cell developing nearby, but there is nothing on the radar anywhere near here.    Lightning data shows some action in Howard County with no reflectivity - anvil lightning???

So far, 0.44" has fallen imby, and by the looks of radar we should reach at least 0.5"-0.75" in the DC metro

Transpiration is going to be through the roof if this keeps up..things as green as I've ever seen them since I moved to this neighborhood in 2009. I've already noticed dewpoints are exceeding forecast values by a few degrees

I think LWX is asleep at the wheel. Popcorn showers going up and the radar is still in VCP32 (Clean Air mode) :lol: Good short term model consensus of popcorn showers through the rest of the day. Low CAPE/Shear and no CIN.

Def some Pop Secret popcorn showing up to the north

Archived