amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
June 2014 Obs and Disco

wxmeddler

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several  HRRR runs really intensify the line as it arrives in the DC area around 11PM.   But if you look at, say, the 17z sfc cape field, the forecasted cape actually increases a LOT in the local area during the evening hours.   It's over 2500 j/kg by the time the line arrives, so it's not surprising that the model strengthens the line a lot, but that idea of a rapid increase in instability after dark doesn't seem plausible.

Line has weakened a bit see if it can come back to life. Not the best airmass given earlier storms but not the worst either with dews still near 70 and resumption of SE winds most spots.

Line has weakened a bit see if it can come back to life. Not the best airmass given earlier storms but not the worst either with dews still near 70 and resumption of SE winds most spots.

I think we have a good chance to see the best line in this area of the season tonight... That isn't saying much I guess.

I think we have a good chance to see the best line in this area of the season tonight... That isn't saying much I guess.

Well we haven't seen much but not sure it'll be great. Usually putting a front into moisture this high tried to perform though. I'm mostly wanting to try for lightning so that would suffice.

That's an awesome set of pictures, Ian! It looks like a great trip. I can't believe how much ground you all covered.

Thanks! Still have some good ones to add may try to power thru this weekend. Actually a less travel trip that usual since we didn't go in a ton of circles. Many new areas though. I love the high plains.. Working my girlfriend hard to move to the Denver area. ;)

Archived