amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
June 2014 Obs and Disco

wxmeddler

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some cells further south than HRRR was showing in WV. See how they translate east. Starting to get some cu going up around here after capped looking sunny earlier.

A good ole fashioned extrapolation has 2 broken lines of interest...if anything survives the brutal app and br crossing.

If you are a MD resident, you must go to PA or WV. There used to be some places near Inwood, WV off 81 that sold stuff. Fireworks laws are goofy. You need a local permit to 'legally' use them in your own state if you live in this area (MD, PA, VA or WV) but you can go to one of the neighboring states and buy them. You're required to sign a waiver that states you'll use them according to local law. Of course, we all see big neighborhood displays every year.....your neighbors bought out of state. 

Can you get fireworks legally in MD? If not, don't answer. If yes, I'm never leaving.

Can you get fireworks legally in MD? If not, don't answer. If yes, I'm never leaving.

MD is county by county but nothing is allowed to explode or fly. Lame State for fireworks.

However, a skip over the line into PA on rt15 and you can get the good stuff from Keystone (among other places). Mortars, rockets, shells, and cakes. Really good stuff...from what I hear...because I would never transport illegal fireworks over the border and blow up the sky...heh

If you are a MD resident, you must go to PA or WV. There used to be some places near Inwood, WV off 81 that sold stuff. Fireworks laws are goofy. You need a local permit to 'legally' use them in your own state if you live in this area (MD, PA, VA or WV) but you can go to one of the neighboring states and buy them. You're required to sign a waiver that states you'll use them according to local law. Of course, we all see big neighborhood displays every year.....your neighbors bought out of state.

The Inwood place is still there. We have my mother-in-law buy from there, since she is a resident of MD. Typically, the backyard "displays" in my area rival or even exceed the local municipalities' shows. Never saw anyone bothered about it.

First 90 degree day of the year here. Really late to be saying that.

Is it just me, or does the STW storm in Frederick moving more south than SE?

The core does seem to be moving more south but the precip shield with it seems to be moving more east. My storm track on it in GR2AE is showing it heading SE maybe a hair south of se. 

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC  

652 PM EDT MON JUN 16 2014  

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A  

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  

NORTHEASTERN RAPPAHANNOCK COUNTY IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...  

WARREN COUNTY IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...  

NORTHWESTERN FAUQUIER COUNTY IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA...  

* UNTIL 745 PM EDT  

* AT 651 PM EDT...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WERE DETECTED ALONG A LINE  

EXTENDING FROM 7 MILES NORTHEAST OF FRONT ROYAL TO 8 MILES SOUTH OF  

FRONT ROYAL...AND WERE MOVING EAST AT 15 MPH. THIS LINE OF STORMS  

IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAIL UP TO THE SIZE OF QUARTERS AND  

DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH.  

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...  

FRONT ROYAL...  

ARCO...  

LINDEN...  

HUME...  

DELAPLANE...