e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
June 2014 Obs and Disco

wxmeddler

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Storm Total" radar says that we got about 2" in Pikesville, and the way it was coming down for two hours last night, we got at least that much.  On the way out of the hood going to work this morning, there was a lot of debris piled up in the flood prone areas over the banks of Gwynn Falls Creek, especially through the Villa Nova neighborhood.  One large tree is split right down the middle, which I'm assuming was a direct lightning strike.

I hope we get torrential rain and 75 mph wind, but no lightning. My dog hates lightning.

We got just the opposite - tons of lightning and thunder, but no rain (not sure about wind).

I woke up at about midnight, and saw the big cell just to my south that was producing a non-stop light show. Woke up about an hour later to a cell just to my north doing the same.

Couldn't have come up with a better Burke Split if I tried.

Typical Woodbridge/Dale City split. Storms are moving east. The ones south missed us. The ones north missed us.

Klingon Anti Rain Shield is in effect for today and tonight for Woodbridge.

I'm used to this. Bring on the sun. Its up to 86 degrees. Can we hit 90?

Its high time I change my name here to Fringed.

Rain finally here after looking like it was going to all day. Hope this means the front is moving through. I have had a headache all day.

Down to 76 here.

76 was my high at 10am, been dropping since. 70 here now. Feel ya on the headache

WOW!!!! We got 369 raindrops! This is absolutely life changing stuff, I'll never be the same lol. I could hardly believe it, the street actually got wet!

Rest of the night should be bone dry as southeast Virginia and Eastern NC gets annihilated by torrential rain tonight. NWS needs to play frantic catch up on our point and click forecast for Woodbridge VA tonight. Their forecast is flat out WRONG. It's not a 60 percent chance of rain, its partly cloudy tonight. Get with the program, NWS! Get your azz off of the couch, stop stuffing those jelly doughnuts into your face, look at the models and the soundings! The forcing is south of northern VA. We'll have a few passing clouds and some fog over night before we have another warm humid day tomorrow.

The Klingon Anti Rain Shield will get another workout tomorrow night, and it will not fail. 

I was right about tonight's non-rainfall. I'm pretty damn smart.

Let's cut to the chase.

July +2.5 on temps

August +1 on temps

September avg temps

This summer in northern Virginia and in Washington DC is going to kick our asses. Its going to be very hot. At times it will remind people of Austin Texas weather, just as hot, just as humid, and grass just as brown. Give up on a cool summer. It aint gonna happen here in the Mid Atlantic. We live in a place called Hell. This is not paradise, its summer, and its horrific.

There will not be much rain. Nino may develop but probably not until mid winter 2014-15.

The "forecast" is calling for more rain Friday night and Saturday. Don't cancel your plans if you live in Woodbridge. The klingon anti rain shield is in perfect working order. Many so-called "meteorologists" will be humbled this summer.

Cluster of storms to our south and to our north.  The cluster south is building northward now that is east of us.  Just another day in the desert.  Chalk today up as another 0.0 in the bucket.  That leaves me with .less than .75" since May 15.  At least it's cloudy and, while muggy, not too hot today.

With another 0.62" yesterday, I have 7.86" since May 15. Since May 1, my total is 12.29"

I was right about tonight's non-rainfall. I'm pretty damn smart.

Let's cut to the chase.

July +2.5 on temps

August +1 on temps

September avg temps

This summer in northern Virginia and in Washington DC is going to kick our asses. Its going to be very hot. At times it will remind people of Austin Texas weather, just as hot, just as humid, and grass just as brown. Give up on a cool summer. It aint gonna happen here in the Mid Atlantic. We live in a place called Hell. This is not paradise, its summer, and its horrific.

There will not be much rain. Nino may develop but probably not until mid winter 2014-15.

The "forecast" is calling for more rain Friday night and Saturday. Don't cancel your plans if you live in Woodbridge. The klingon anti rain shield is in perfect working order. Many so-called "meteorologists" will be humbled this summer.

Hopefully winter will be a nice payoff for this miserable weather.

With lots of clouds so far this morning, it's really nice out.  DP is down to 47F?  Hard to believe.

Total zilch in the rain dept again yesterday, but it was a nice bust low on the temps..... 82F for the high.  Initial forecast was high of 89F, which was reduced to 86 by late morning, but still ended up too high.  While by no means a nice week, our high for the week was 92.  For 3 days, it wasn't really that bad.

With another 0.62" yesterday, I have 7.86" since May 15. Since May 1, my total is 12.29"

Maybe I'll get lucky this winter and make up that deficit in snow.

LOL, that'll never happen.  I got a foot less snow this year than Winchester, only 6 miles away.  I swear, I live in the driest location this side of the desert SW. This is my 5th summer living in Stephens City, and this is the 3rd absolute arid drought (2010, 2012, 2014).  2011 was below normal, but it did feature frequent, albeit minor, thunderstorms that provided just enough moisture and clouds that our weather was more tolerable than the DC sweatfest that summer.   I'm just surprised - to this point - that it being so dry here it has not been hotter.

Archived