mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second year in a row of perfect weather for the annual dive into the Atlantic and swim for a minute St. Paddy's Day weekend.  Not to mention I'm still placing in my age group for the 5K.  But, damn, I'm slower than I used to be!  Gotta break 20 again before the end of summer.

Awesome here.  Sunny and 60's.  Bring me some snow!

Goal posts are narrowing...

Min- 10th percentile (expect at least this much)

http://www.erh.noaa....Amt10Prcntl.png

Most likely (official)

http://www.erh.noaa....alSnowRange.png

Max (95th percentile) - prepare for possibility of this much ( down several inches across the board)

http://www.erh.noaa....Amt90Prcntl.png

- overall the solutions are narrowing yet there is enough uncertainty in play to keep goal posts a bit broad.

Right now, I think the goal posts should stretch the length of IAD;

Seriously, if LWX can't narrow the impact (because it still is dazed  by the 3/3 Pamela Anderson clone...), we in the DCA zone should prepare for climo UNLESS NWS makes a convincing case otherwise.

What time do you all think this will start tomorrow night?  evening?  or overnight?  I just made plans with a new one... I want to see if she is a snow lover.. for me it is kinda like the door test from the Bronx Tale.. if she complains about the snow.. 

"...that means she's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast."

What time do you all think this will start tomorrow night?  evening?  or overnight?  I just made plans with a new one... I want to see if she is a snow lover.. for me it is kinda like the door test from the Bronx Tale.. if she complains about the snow.. 

"...that means she's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast."

OK, so when are you going to lay in the quilts, instafood and bottled water and the portable toilet?

Hopefully before noon Sunday.

haha. I was considering adding a zone up there for that. Maybe on my final call tomorrow.

It's truly amazing how often that actually happens. I'm mostly kidding on my comment, but another part of me isn't. It happens that way 80% of the time. I think a few people will get a nice surprise Sunday night/Monday with banding potential. But, where there's bands, there is someone getting screwed through subsidence. This storm is packing a lot of punch right now. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. These southern stream systems are a huge pain to forecast for. 

It's truly amazing how often that actually happens. I'm mostly kidding on my comment, but another part of me isn't. It happens that way 80% of the time. I think a few people will get a nice surprise Sunday night/Monday with banding potential. But, where there's bands, there is someone getting screwed through subsidence. This storm is packing a lot of punch right now. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. These southern stream systems are a huge pain to forecast for.

The heavy bands always form there. It's undeniably true. Will see what nam and GFS do, people are saying it looks north so my weenie map might have to be changed

Archived