EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We never moderate except when Randy makes a grand proclamation. lol.

I guess its just me then, but Id love to wake up and read good analysis over what the models did over night, not four pages of some analysis, banter, people asking for euro play by plays and other crap.

i could just be asking for too much and if thats the case, then ok. ill stop offering my opinion and call it a day.

This will ruffle some feathers, but I also get the feeling that some of the calls to clean up and focus the discussion on just the facts is because there are people here who need this information to go make their own forecasts in other venues. I have noticed that those who yell the loudest about needing to police the forums (especially the red-taggers doing it) rarely actually contribute their own thoughts and instead just snipe and try to guide the discussion elsewhere.

i can ensure you i'm about as far as possible from having a vested interest in the direction of the discussion for my own "needs" -- red tag or not, this is just a hobby for me, but as someone who appreciates sound scientifically-based analysis maybe i can be a bit unreasonable in my view of what the discussion should be

I still don't get why we have to have this existential debate about post quality every time there's a snow threat. Too much weenieing out/banter in the storm thread...people complain. All banter/weenieing out posts removed from the storm thread...people complain.

I don't think much is going to change next winter.

It's a never ending circle. I personally believe a double standard is fine. Some posters in the disco thread never offer a crumb of analysis. Ever. Just random mental diarrhea. When it's crunch time a wide open delete button is good for that stuff. Other posters add plenty and should get a free pass at times. I know for certain I'm guilty of silly posts probably at the wrong times. But I work hard for my money. LOL

It's a never ending circle. I personally believe a double standard is fine. Some posters in the disco thread never offer a crumb of analysis. Ever. Just random mental diarrhea. When it's crunch time a wide open delete button is good for that stuff. Other posters add plenty and should get a free pass at times. I know for certain I'm guilty of silly posts probably at the wrong times. But I work hard for my money. LOL

I now have that song stuck in my head.  ;)

Since I posted about my back/nerve pain I should close the issue. My mri was cancelled because insurance doesn't want to approve the procedure. Go figure. On the flip side I've been working out regularly and adding in some core stuff to strengthen lumbar/abs. The pain has all but vanished. Maybe the steroids helped. Idk. It only bothers me when I sit too long. I may have a long term structural issue but I'm doubting it's a big deal now. I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and not worry about it. 

When are you all (and by you all, i mean 95% matt) going to learn that 90% of the users here are not here to learn about ULL's and thicknessess and shortwaves, etc.  They're here to get  a weenie buzz about storms and snow and that's pretty much it.  Having a s**t-fit about it every time something interesting comes up isn't going to change that no matter how much you moderate.  You take away the weenies and its going to be Zwyts, Bob, and a bunch of red taggers in this forum.

Since I posted about my back/nerve pain I should close the issue. My mri was cancelled because insurance doesn't want to approve the procedure. Go figure. On the flip side I've been working out regularly and adding in some core stuff to strengthen lumbar/abs. The pain has all but vanished. Maybe the steroids helped. Idk. It only bothers me when I sit too long. I may have a long term structural issue but I'm doubting it's a big deal now. I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and not worry about it. 

I cannot believe you are juicing. I never thought you needed performance enhancing drugs. Glad to hear you are feeling much better.

I couldn't give two sh*ts about the Monday storm. I make one comment about the NAM 5h looking ridiculous, which then gets deleted. But zwyts tries to call me out as if I'm getting a hard on over it, and that comment is left alone.

Good job, guys. Bravo.

Edit: I know first-hand that moderating a forum isn't easy, but a little consistency would be nice.

Yup, we desperately need a new center. Gradkowski was just horrendous last year. I also like the Daryl Smith signing.

Agree on both counts. Gino just isn't fit for position. I think he'd be a suitable guard at best, but he was atrocious under center. Daryl Smith signing was huge IMO. Definitely a good veteran presence on the field and in the locker room on defense. Plus, he played pretty good ball all season for the most part

Yup, we desperately need a new center. Gradkowski was just horrendous last year. I also like the Daryl Smith signing.

Yeah I am really happy so far with keeping our key guys and signing Steve Smith. Oher is gone, and Gradkowski isnt the answer at center, so much work to be done on the OL.

Archived