mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair it is awful for some of us in the "Mid Atlantic" compared to the 18z run... The "Mid Atlantic" does not center around DC.

Cool. But this forum also doesn't contain Pa. And although I have no issue with you guys in pa who are close by the border posting, don't seem surprised that we talk about Maryland, DC, WV, VA

Cool. But this forum also doesn't contain Pa. And although I have no issue with you guys in pa who are close by the border posting, don't seem surprised that we talk about Maryland, DC, WV, VA

I am in Northern MD.. but the 18z gives me .75 and the 0z cuts it to .25... so it is awful for me... Doesn't really matter to me this time... I have had 4 storm with 6+ inches... the 6z or 12z could bring it back north and that is fine.

The discussion about crappy FB wx forecasting ventures can happen in the banter thread.

Yeah, it's frustrating when you see those discussions take place in the storm thread.  There are times when I'd like to chime in, but I don't want to make the situation even worse.  On the other hand, this thread becomes a ghost town when banter is allowed in the storm threads.  This forum works best when the mods move the banter to the banter threads (especially during storms), but I understand that's a lot of work. 

It's fine, this is just the forum I associate with the most on American wx. Central PA is cool but many of them are in true central PA and not 10 miles from the M/D line.

I've never minded that you guys are here. I don't think there should be hard boundaries based on state lines if they don't make sense.

Heh, just as I posted that I refreshed and saw that some housekeeping has been done.  Thanks!

One of the problems might be that in the mobile version of this site, the location of the posters is not visible.  So when someone says "Great run!", it's hard to tell if they're posting from Westminster or Roanoke.  On the full version of the site, you can just get used to glancing at the poster's location when they post an opinion.  I don't find that annoying at all -- it's actually pretty informative to get real-time updates as to how the models have shifted in different areas around here, even if they're just across the state line.  I know I'm usually focused IMBY when looking at real-time output, and I'm sure others are as well.

The reason I don't look at the nam past 48 hours is because of its high resolution. Tiny errors with initial conditions become grand canyon sized errors down the line. It should stop at 48-54 like the rgem. Nam is a good tool for certain things. And a monster ull at the end of its run with zero support is nothing more than a massively magnified error.

I know most know this but it's always worth repeating

Thanks for explaining this Bob.  I never understood why it wasn't useful past 48 hours, beyond that it was usually wrong.  

Another storm thread that' has been painful to read. Some mean and snarky stuff. Moderators should do some moderating. Also, it was full of weenisms. I thought general non-specific bull**** goes here. If you wanted to learn anything about model analysis it was a hard slog. Lol. Just mis-posted this in the storm thread.

I figure I won't be disappointed if I set my expectations at 2-4".

Good thing about this storm is I really don't care about it. We've had enough snow this season to keep me satisfied, so this isn't a storm that we need to salvage a season or anything. It's going to warm up within a few days of the storm, too. That's enough to make me happy!

Good thing about this storm is I really don't care about it. We've had enough snow this season to keep me satisfied, so this isn't a storm that we need to salvage a season or anything. It's going to warm up within a few days of the storm, too. That's enough to make me happy!

Your last point is why I don't mind March snow. Here today, gone tomorrow type deal. I'm done with snow. Bring on the 60's-70's

Archived