joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least i can't be blamed for starting the thread if there are no severe storms in Morch

It's a win/win for me. No one can realistically expect interesting weather in this transitional month, so anything of interest happens and I can claim it was all about my thread starting power. Or something.

OT: I just sent in a request to work part-time, 3 days a week. Retirement is looming (I turn 62 tomorrow). I see the move to part time as a soft-landing into full retirement.

An awesome finish (for me) to an awesome winter.

Nice sounds good. Enjoy semi retirement and hopefully you can fully retire soon.

Monday March 3 2014

Last night rain changed to sleet then snow as temps fell from the mid 60s to the 40s into the 30s and then the 20s. It snowed into the afternoon, we got 5 inches.

We once again have 100 percent areal snow cover.

This winter is unbelievable. We have seen so much snow that it feels like I am living in Ginxy's backyard. It's hard to believe that I have had three feet of snow on the season! We are up to 44 days of snow cover. These days are not all consecutive but we have had several major snowstorms this winter, particularly the mid Feb blockbuster which dumped a foot of snow.

Now we have another 5 inches of snow amid temps in the MID TEENS in the DAYTIME, IN EARLY MARCH!!!! The plow cleared the roads but then what slush was left quickly turned into a skating rink. I damn near fell on my 8ss! That same plow left another four foot snow berm in my driveway. I have got to stop praying for snow.

What an incredible winter. It just does not want to quit. We may yet have one more snowstorm next week.

By late tonight temps had fallen into the mid and upper single numbers.

After all of this snow, ice and cold this winter I had my first real fall on the driveway this morning.  At least I don't think I am hurt, but I fell somewhat backwards then onto my rump catching myself with my both hands down.

That's called a pratfall. I've done that a few times this winter. Put sand down, it helps with traction. Hope you are okay. Take it very easy on the ice.

A healthy baby boy was successfully delivered naturally at home last night at 10:35pm. Best March storm ever! 7lbs 10 ounces and 20 inches. I have officially become a dad. I will teach my son to love and respect the weather. Especially snow! :snowing:

Congrats for the baby!

I'm bummin. Had unusual pain in my leg last couple days but only in a sitting position. Became burning and unmanageable so I went and saw my doc today. Appears a ruptured or herniated disc is in my future. Sciatic nerve is being constricted somehow.

I've had some manageable back pain since a football injury in the 80's. Never that bad and never went to a doc because I knew how to make it go away when it flared. Apparently you're not supposed to do that. MRI next week. I'm becoming bitter Bob by the minute. My post quality will be declining.

A healthy baby boy was successfully delivered naturally at home last night at 10:35pm. Best March storm ever! 7lbs 10 ounces and 20 inches. I have officially become a dad. I will teach my son to love and respect the weather. Especially snow! :snowing:

Congratulations!

Congrats and welcome to the fun world of parenting!

Congrats!  My son was born in Feb 2010, so he's also got snow in his blood!

Congrats, great news. I hope mother and son are well.

I'm bummin. Had unusual pain in my leg last couple days but only in a sitting position. Became burning and unmanageable so I went and saw my doc today. Appears a ruptured or herniated disc is in my future. Sciatic nerve is being constricted somehow.

I've had some manageable back pain since a football injury in the 80's. Never that bad and never went to a doc because I knew how to make it go away when it flared. Apparently you're not supposed to do that. MRI next week. I'm becoming bitter Bob by the minute. My post quality will be declining.

That sucks, I am really sorry to hear that. Back pain is the worst, I hope you get it under control fast.

I feel for ya' young fella'. As great as this winter has been, it's greatness has been muted by health issues that have nearly, or at least and almost, literally killed me. Finally, I, and not the dr., has figured out the problem and it's not a big deal. I just can't believe the drs. shortcomings that I've been going thru this for 2 months shy of 4 years. Keep a stiff upper lip and gett he surgery sooner than later as much as you don't want it. Bad backs don't get better. They will put you thru therapy 1st, that's normal. Good luck.

Amazing stuff.  Congrats!  From one dad to another (I have 2), be sure to slow it down and cherish all the small moments.  It goes fast if you don't apply the brakes every now and then.  ;)

Here you go Bob, this is what I'm dealing with...I feel your pain

post-534-0-94689400-1393968481_thumb.jpg

Bob--you're one of my favorite stars on Snow TV.  Get well soon.  I know back and sciatic nerve issues pretty well...

Archived