joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn Leesburg! Don't be posting that stuff. I'm kinda scared already. My doc freeked me out when she said that if my leg suddenly gets weak then it's a medical emergency. I was like WUT!?!?

MRI in a week. Gotta just deal for now. One of my less favorite days of the last year or so.

Congrats Adelphi! First one is kinda scary. I was a wreck. You're life has changed forever (and in a good way). Don't expect much sleep for 6 months though. That part isn't optional.

I'm bummin. Had unusual pain in my leg last couple days but only in a sitting position. Became burning and unmanageable so I went and saw my doc today. Appears a ruptured or herniated disc is in my future. Sciatic nerve is being constricted somehow.

I've had some manageable back pain since a football injury in the 80's. Never that bad and never went to a doc because I knew how to make it go away when it flared. Apparently you're not supposed to do that. MRI next week. I'm becoming bitter Bob by the minute. My post quality will be declining.

I feel for you! I slipped at work in December and have some fantastic sciatica that PTand shots haven't helped. MRI shows disc issues so it's off to a neurosurgeon next week. This spring and summer are gonna suck. I hope that they can fix you  up quickly!

Congratulations Adelphi Sky!  Have you picked a name yet?  Anything but Titan.

And Bob, I'm sorry to hear about your back.  I know it's tough but try not to worry, and hopefully the docs will make it right. 

His name is Elliott. Thanks for all of the congratulations. I appreciate it and I look forward to embarking on this new chapter called fatherhood. Should be a blast.

I'm bummin. Had unusual pain in my leg last couple days but only in a sitting position. Became burning and unmanageable so I went and saw my doc today. Appears a ruptured or herniated disc is in my future. Sciatic nerve is being constricted somehow.

I've had some manageable back pain since a football injury in the 80's. Never that bad and never went to a doc because I knew how to make it go away when it flared. Apparently you're not supposed to do that. MRI next week. I'm becoming bitter Bob by the minute. My post quality will be declining.

I've had something similar recently. I get these shooting pains that go up and down my leg. When it flares up it can get very painful and uncomfortable and lasts for hours. I guess it has to do with the disc slipping in and out of position. I think it's definitely the sciatic nerve but since it's only occurring about once or twice a week I'm able to deal with it. Right now I don't want to deal with doctors but if it gets worse I will have to. The burning you mentioned is the worst part for me. During a flare up I don't know where the pain is centered as it extends from the hip all the way down to the foot.

Hope it gets better for you. Good luck.

pain makes me a super grumpy person. hang in there Bob.

Tuesday March 4 2014

Today was a blast! It looks like January outside. Snow is EVERYWHERE! It topped out at 35 degrees this afternoon but never no mind, the snow held firm. You'd never even know it was March. We hit ZERO last night. The Glendale Slope north facing lawns, the Leninskaya Slope and the Delaney Valley all resemble a ski resort in mid winter! Snow depth is 3.5 inches now.

The shopping centers have towering new plowed snow piles! I looked around in total awe, damn near with tears in my eyes! It's hard as heck to believe the calendar! There was still ice on roads in shaded areas!

THAT'S TWO DAYS OF 100 PERCENT AREAL SNOW COVERAGE! IN MARCH!! ON THE TROPICAL FALL LINE!

I love this winter so much. I dont want another winter pattern ever! I want THIS winter pattern forever!

That makes 45 days of snow cover this season!

A healthy baby boy was successfully delivered naturally at home last night at 10:35pm. Best March storm ever! 7lbs 10 ounces and 20 inches. I have officially become a dad. I will teach my son to love and respect the weather. Especially snow! :snowing:

Congratulations on your baby boy!!! 

March is a good month to have a birthday. ;)

I'm on a north facing slope the snow cover has persisted since January 2.  The snow pack on my roof started sliding off yesterday.  2-3 inches of ice with about 8" of Styrofoam sounding snow glued on top.  I chipped away at the overhanging glacier to keep it from hitting anyone coming in or out of the house.  Scary heavy blocks that you could build an igloo with.  Since I was a child, this is is the longest the snow pack has remained. 

I'm on a north facing slope the snow cover has persisted since January 2. The snow pack on my roof started sliding off yesterday. 2-3 inches of ice with about 8" of Styrofoam sounding snow glued on top. I chipped away at the overhanging glacier to keep it from hitting anyone coming in or out of the house. Scary heavy blocks that you could build an igloo with. Since I was a child, this is is the longest the snow pack has remained.

Snow cover has been relentless here. Factor in the fact that we had 100% snow cover for half of December on top of this, we are almost wire to wire here. Never thought I would see anything like it in this region.

Congratulations, adelphi!  When I had my first child, I'd never even changed a diaper.  I learned fast.  Get sleep when you can and enjoy every single moment!

Bob Chill-I'm sorry to hear about your disc.  Tell me you didn't aggravate/injure it by shoveling!!!  Too bad they can't move the MRI up to this week.  

Leesburg/Don-I can't decipher that photo.  Is it something bad? 

I'm never tired of snow.  I'll take another storm next week!

Good thing you don't have far to fall...

:lol:

Many of us talk about wanting to move somewhere else because of the better winters, but I think it would take a few years to get used to. I love snow, but come March/April I'm ready for some nice days. Move to NNE and you're pushing that back to May/June and the cold reappears in September/October rather than November/December. Scenery would put the other areas...NNE, Mountain West, etc. over the top for me. And the endless outdoor activity opportunities.

Archived