Newest Member
    joxey
March '14 Obs and General Discussion

WxUSAF

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sudden flip to big, wet snow in AACo, at 16:30

snowing hard here, ground white....wtf???

just came from Bel Air where it was raining, then turned to sleet and snow on the Balt. beltway just west of Towson, had over an inch of snow on the Beltway (believe it or not) from I83 through Catonsville

crazy shiat here today...I can't believe how hard it's snowing and how dark the sky is

snowing hard here, ground white....wtf???

just came from Bel Air where it was raining, then turned to sleet and snow on the Balt. beltway just west of Towson, had over an inch of snow on the Beltway (believe it or not) from I83 through Catonsville

crazy shiat here today...I can't believe how hard it's snowing and how dark the sky is

Either you are in the band or you are not. After some initial fun...my neighborhood is not in the fun.

Sent from my iPhone

Lol @ the "I'm shocked" and all the freaking out in this thread. Not like y'all haven't seen a little snow this winter. This stuff happens in Spring. Tomorrow we have baseball and temps near 60 :P

It's impressive to me that it is sticking to all, every, hard surface considering the warm lead in to the storm plus the date of course....and the afternoon  start time.

It's impressive to me that it is sticking to all, every, hard surface considering the warm lead in to the storm plus the date of course.

Up there, it shouldn't shock you ;)  You got the elevation, and with a strong ULL producing column cooling and good rates, it sticks. Despite all those who overstate the sun angle deal....it happens.

Up there, it shouldn't shock you ;)  You got the elevation, and with a strong ULL producing column cooling and good rates, it sticks. Despite all those who overstate the sun angle deal....it happens.

but it won't always stick like it did today to the street driveway at this time of year unless rates are insane.  It didn't start to changeover here until around 2:30pm to boot.

Archived