joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March '14 Obs and General Discussion

WxUSAF

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up there, it shouldn't shock you ;) You got the elevation, and with a strong ULL producing column cooling and good rates, it sticks. Despite all those who overstate the sun angle deal....it happens.

Can't underplay this one even fo up here. This is about as bad as it gets for this late in the season. A legitimate plowable event in the middle of the afternoon on March 30th is probably a 1 in every 25/30 year event. Street was just plowed now it's covered up again. Over 4 inches now. This is not your typical spring snow not even close.

I have really great, steady rates right now. I can't even begin to express how happy I am to be receiving all of this steady heavy RAIN.

It's accumulating everywhere. I got lakes all over my front lawn. My north lawn is a muddy quagmire.

I'll tack on another 2-3 inches worth of fresh RAIN by 2am at this rate. Many creeks are about to go into full flood.

Temps are also on the rise. 38 degrees and counting.

Can't underplay this one even fo up here. This is about as bad as it gets for this late in the season. A legitimate plowable event in the middle of the afternoon on March 30th is probably a 1 in every 25/30 year event. Street was just plowed now it's covered up again. Over 4 inches now. This is not your typical spring snow not even close.

Could be worse though, the Palm Sunday storm of 1942 was a legit HECS in central and northern MD, with up to 30" in Carroll county at the end of March and 22" in Baltimore.

This was 70 westbound approaching Mt. Airy at 5pm. By the time I got back to Clarksburg, it had changed back to rain. I'll have to rely on others for the Clarksburg total but it looked well over an inch that was quickly turning into slop.

trim.DCEB065A-0190-4FE4-92E1-51EC527032C6.MOV

There is no way to spin this as being expected or normal. This event overcame a lot to make it happen. Many of us saw accum snow and some saw near warning criteria. And basically a crap airmass in all directions and its almost June

Still one of the crappiest weekends in a long time weatherwise IMBY. Sorry.

Archived