joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March '14 Obs and General Discussion

WxUSAF

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but it won't always stick like it did today to the street driveway at this time of year unless rates are insane.  It didn't start to changeover here until around 2:30pm to boot.

Agreed...its all about the rates this time of year- even with very marginal temps, you see what can happen, despite it being warm for 2 days prior, and very wet, and almost April.

- Last day of March

- Afternoon start time

- Torching prior to storm

Crazy to see this..3" on top of sugarloaf mountain

Models were certainly hinting at it. Easier to bust right in spring if things work your way. Plenty of cold air everywhere to work off of.  Can't hold back good rates.

Lol @ the "I'm shocked" and all the freaking out in this thread. Not like y'all haven't seen a little snow this winter. This stuff happens in Spring. Tomorrow we have baseball and temps near 60 :P

I'd say there is a pretty good reason to be shocked considering it's March 30th in the middle of the afternoon, we were in the upper 40's just a short while ago, and I have snow sticking to pavement. :)

post-523-0-01704800-1396213592_thumb.jpg

Hard to accumulate on puddles.

Trying to decide if I should wander up the hill.. gonna get wet if I do. ;) Old fashioned DC snow.  Having trouble surpassing a dusting on grass but more in mulch and on some cars. Any lull hurts it still.  Could prob still bag 2" or so if things hold together right. eta: 2" might be a reach but, weenie.

Trying to decide if I should wander up the hill.. gonna get wet if I do. ;) Old fashioned DC snow.  Having trouble surpassing a dusting on grass but more in mulch and on some cars. Any lull hurts it still.  Could prob still bag 2" or so if things hold together right. eta: 2" might be a reach but, weenie.

We've turned back over to rain in the orange band.  Topped 2" liquid on the storm.

I'd say there is a pretty good reason to be shocked considering it's March 30th in the middle of the afternoon, we were in the upper 40's just a short while ago, and I have snow sticking to pavement. :)

Just remember this next winter when someone posts that it cannot snow and accumulate because...its been too warm, or too wet, or the sun angle of doom forbids it. ;)

Then you are doing better then much of the surrounding burbs.

The fact that you have big flakes is better then most of us now lol. 

might be about to change.. looks like there is a line pushing east on dual pol that matches reports of rain.

think we're starting to turn winds aloft drier/downslopy.. they were still mainly due north till recently. plus if you look at hi res runs the airmass goes to crap once the rates dwindle.

Archived