Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March '14 Obs and General Discussion

WxUSAF

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

33 degrees and all snow. It's pouring snow. Not knocking the nws but they should consider adding a mention of snow to Dale City's point and click forecast. We are smack dab in the middle of the deformation zone with moderate to heavy snow! THIS WINTER LOVES US!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Buddy just texted me from mt airy and said it just picked up big time in the last 5 minutes and sticking to streets. I know he would never lie but I double checked anyway. NICE

http://weather.weatherbug.com/MD/Mount%20Airy-weather/Mount%20Airy-traffic.html?zcode=z6286

Just a few miles to east of Mt. Airy, it is now snowing heavily and sticking.

MDstorm

Oh here it is..

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC326 PM EDT SUN MAR 30 2014MDZ005-006-009-010-310330-/O.EXB.KLWX.WW.Y.0021.000000T0000Z-140331T0400Z/CARROLL-NORTHERN BALTIMORE-MONTGOMERY-HOWARD-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WESTMINSTER...GAITHERSBURG...COLUMBIA326 PM EDT SUN MAR 30 2014...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT TONIGHT...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HASISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT TONIGHT.* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 4 INCHES AT ELEVATIONS ABOVE 700 FEET.* TIMING...A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW WILL TRANSITION TO ALL SNOW  ACROSS THE NORTHERN AND WESTERN SUBURBS OF BALTIMORE THIS  AFTERNOON. SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES THROUGH THE EARLY EVENING  BEFORE TAPERING OFF FROM WEST TO EAST BETWEEN 9 PM AND MIDNIGHT.* TEMPERATURES...LOWER TO MIDDLE 30S.* WINDS...NORTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.* IMPACTS...ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY LATE THIS  AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND GUSTY  WINDS WILL LEAD TO POOR VISIBILITIES AT TIMES.

Archived