northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 25th-26th snow threat disco and obs

attml

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got .75" mainly from that very last band that built up over Carroll and swept SE to the city....I broomed it up in just a white undershirt with no coat and didn't really feel cold with the sun, note, there was very little wind as I was sweeping but temp had to be around 27.   

Anyone home in the lauraville, Hamilton, parkville area? Guessing around 1.5 at my house based on what I am seeing on the board, anyone there that can confirm?

Sent from my iPhone

I'd say it was about 1.5 here in Parkville after that last band came through.  Now that the sun is out it's disappearing quickly.

das, please put up a final measurement for your spot -- I will use about .8 of that for my home accum near Milestone (to account for the Milestone Shopping Center heat island effect haha).

1.1" on the day although Ka60 got 1.6" very close to here. That last band took me over the "top". It's melting like crazy in the bright sun even tho the temp is 26.7°F.

sure wish someone from the NWS could explain to me how the average high/low at DCA for 2/25 is 50/33 per this link:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/lwx/climate/dca/Dcafeb.txt

and yesterday came in at 39/30 gets you a day that was -6 vs. -7....here at the Preliminary info

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=lwx

I mean, add 50+33=83, then add 39+30=69 and the difference is 14/2=7

Even if you add the high and low for each day, then divide by 2 you still get 7 as the difference between the two

I mean I understand it says "Preliminary", but are the numbers that hard to figure?

Archived