• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 25th-26th snow threat disco and obs

attml

I know I am still the FNG relative to a lot of the senior members but was kind of shocked to look in this morning and not see a dedicated event thread?  Just checked CWG and their snow outlook number is improving and Accuweather has a map up showing 1-3 for the whole DC / MD area with 3-6 out west.  What gives?

650x366_02240905_hd25.jpg

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I am still the FNG relative to a lot of the senior members but was kind of shocked to look in this morning and not see a dedicated event thread?  Just checked CWG and their snow outlook number is improving and Accuweather has a map up showing 1-3 for the whole DC / MD area with 3-6 out west.  What gives?

650x366_02240905_hd25.jpg

My thoughts.....low confidence and this past weekend put winter to bed for a lot of folks. As usual, that accuweather map is overdone, but thats what they do. I'd shave a good portion off the VA area.

you have a good chance of being right and if so, good call...doesn't mean anyone was wishcasting...

It could still moisten back up a bit.. hard to say. Interesting the NAM almost looks better tomorrow though dubious on that. The only thing I'd say specifically about wishcasting is I think sometimes we tend to focus on good trends we remember rather than ones that don't work out well.  As noted last night there are a number of cases where models were too wet this winter from lead, not always just the other way around.  And in general, tough snow setups here are tough even in a "good' winter.  

It could still moisten back up a bit.. hard to say. Interesting the NAM almost looks better tomorrow though dubious on that. The only thing I'd say specifically about wishcasting is I think sometimes we tend to focus on good trends we remember rather than ones that don't work out well.  As noted last night there are a number of cases where models were too wet this winter from lead, not always just the other way around.  And in general, tough snow setups here are tough even in a "good' winter.  

agreed..though I have been bearish on pretty much every event this winter...lol...

agreed..though I have been bearish on pretty much every event this winter...lol...

Yes, that's true. I was being provocative.. tho people like you shape the convo so if you're in for bigger than it looks lots follow (often with much less reasoning). ;) But of course it hasn't happened.. the Euro might come in with .25"+. 

Yes, that's true. I was being provocative.. tho people like you shape the convo so if you're in for bigger than it looks lots follow (often with much less reasoning). ;) But of course it hasn't happened.. the Euro might come in with .25"+. 

Euro has tomorrow's event as well, and should be plenty cold...maybe that will be the overperformer

Archived