Newest Member
    Dump Trump
2/18 Snow Banter

CT Rain

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GYX has me 4-6"

I like 4 as the floor, but I'd go 4-8".  Easiest way to verify is to cover more numbers on the roulette table.

Well played, 4-9" even better:

• Tuesday Snow, mainly after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Light east wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
  • Tuesday Night Snow likely before midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 17. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

What a cold day today with the wind.  Today marks 3 months since i hit 50F.   Nice to see all the cars and trucks out on Newfound Lake its been a few years.  Looking forward to my 3-6" tomorrow.

When did Wednesday nights 1-2" sneak up on me?  GFS shows a couple of inches more.

We had some coywolf visitors at work today , one rounding the corner was huge. That tree in the back was a Sandy casualty now a den to some foxes.

Great pics! We have huge wolf/coyotes (I think they're Canadian wolf bred with coyote) on Cape Cod in Falmouth.  Property abuts a large nature preserve.  Neighbors lost more cats than you can imagine.  When my girlfriend and I got our Great Pyrenees last year, they stopped coming around.  Here at the Woodbury house, we have the run of the mill coyotes and a huge deer problem in the last few years. When the dog is here, they disappear (no tracks in snow).  As soon as my wife takes the dog back to Woods Hole, the tracks reappear all over the property.  In December, we could tell one of them was crossing the pond and fell in.  Seemed to be able to get out OK as I didn't find a carcass.

I assume that;s the Hudson River frozen from about northern Westchester?  

Never assume. LOL

Ct river looks frozen too but i wonder if narrow strips just look frozen on satellite imaginery. Resolution?

MODIS is fairly accurate, without actual reports one can only guess, I guess. Pretty impressive all the same.

You may want to change your Twitter password. I think it was hacked. Unless you posted a link to a Russian website on your timeline one day ago. I tried to follow the link and Kapersky flagged it as containing a virus. Wouldn't let me proceed, thank God.

Yikes! Thanks man! I changed it and strengthened the privacy settings. Thanks again!

Yeah...over the long term you start getting those neve/firn ratios like glacial snow and ice. I was more referring to what the new fluff looks like after a few days.

And you did state "after a day or two", so I agree with your prior post.  As a somewhat extreme example, on 2/22-23/09 I measured 24.5" of 13:1 snow, which landed atop a 27" snowpack.  It briefly brought the total depth to 50-51" (stake was well plastered) as accum ended in late morn.  By my 9 PM obs time there was 49", but 24 hr later on 2/24 it had settled to 43", about a 9:1 or 10:1 ratio.  High on 2/24 was 25, though a late Feb sun was working.

Archived