• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
2/18 Snow Banter

CT Rain

How's your WSW working out?  If this was not vacation week a lot of schools would have cancelled and a lot of parents would be b*tching. lol.  We will get some heavier stuff moving through later but not near warning criteria.

I might still crack 6"   probably will be low, but hoping for blossoming.  And it just takes 1 wreck and a lawsuit to justify a snow day.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woof, just stepped in my door. Left work a little after 3:30. That was a long 12 or so miles.

Yeah, I'd avoid Commercial outbound - bumper to bumper all the way up to St John. I was able to drive the speed limit inbound, however, as apparently nobody who works in Portland lives here.

Getting a pretty good dumping right now. Parking ban and everything.

Hey, neighborhood buddy! 

funny irony in the Old Port is that traffic actually improves after snow storms because the snow piles make a median on Commercial, blocking most of the left turns that slow the flow.

I couldn't figure out why I was at a stand still across from DiMillo's. Ended up making a u-turn and going up Market to Middle just to get over to my neighborhood.

Probably the best snowfall at PWM since last February.

Major accident Maine Turnpike southbound near Scarborough (in that heavy band moving north). Traffic was backed up all the way into Old Port. No movement on Commercial St. as people tried to get out of town to the south. Unfortunately I live on the south end of Commercial.

If I was going to be stopped in traffic anywhere, Old Port wouldn't be that bad. I'd pull over and hit the town. I've only been a couple of times but they have been a blast.

Archived