EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
2/18 Snow Banter

CT Rain

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MA has you beat has far as passion when it comes it comes to winter weather no matter who wins the end game. Hope BOX see snow tomorrow!

We're used to snow. We don't need to pull all nighters for events like this. If we did none of us would sleep. You pick your battles.

And oh yeah... :weenie:

Can anyone explain the 1-2 area on the south shore surrounded by the less than 1 inch. Not like there's elevation down there in my neck of the woods and was wondering if I was missing something as far as mixing.

With the developing SLP along LI you will have WAA flodding up from the S that will warm the lower levels along the S Coast.  This low is going to track right over SE MA and that will begin to pull easterly air in from Cape Cod Bay as it does this warming the S Shore areas. So the interior SE MA areas are just a touch farther away from these 2 warmer airmasses, hence the slightly higher totals.

With the developing SLP along LI you will have WAA flodding up from the S that will warm the lower levels along the S Coast. This low is going to track right over SE MA and that will begin to pull easterly air in from Cape Cod Bay as it does this warming the S Shore areas. So the interior SE MA areas are just a touch farther away from these 2 warmer airmasses, hence the slightly higher totals.

Thanks! Grand scheme of things I guess it doesn't matter, just not typical to see that look on their maps when you get down in my area so was just curious.

Thanks! Grand scheme of things I guess it doesn't matter, just not typical to see that look on their maps when you get down in my area so was just curious.

Kinda sucks since the airmass aloft is plenty cold but we have a pretty potent storm pulling in a lot of low level "warmth" and the track is just a bit too far N.  I'm not writing off 2-4" amounts in interior SE MA.  Could be a wild few hours as this gets going.  Just look at the returns S of LI right now.  That'll be in the area in a few hours.  There is also a lighter band that looks to skirt the south coast over the next hour or 2.

The spots i viewed the ct river, in ct, was not completely frozen over. Some ice chunks by the edges though. Mind you this is lookig at it going 70mph on I91...and i might be lying about my speed.

I'm not sure what spots you were driving past, but the places I've seen Springfield, MA and north are frozen solid.  I know there is a section south of Springfield where there is some open water, but that is in the channel where water comes out of the Bondi's Island sewage treatment plant.  Even there though, 80% of the river is frozen.  I can't speak for Hartford though.

My afternoon commute is going to be exhilarating

I miss out on both. I'm in the process of spiffing up to leave momentary. Work day ends just as the banding moves into C.ME

The parking garage because of recent weather now fills up early and difficult finding a space. School vaca this week in MA. so I should be able to get a spot in the lower levels, if not I'll be scrapping later early this evening.

Good-luck!  

sniff...sniff...

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 27. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible

How's your WSW working out?  If this was not vacation week a lot of schools would have cancelled and a lot of parents would be b*tching. lol.  We will get some heavier stuff moving through later but not near warning criteria.

Archived